Keyless push button start?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It was very much a smart ass comment, as starting your car and walking away is the number one method of stealing. Much easier than breaking in.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, when I ran the night crew at the local Home Depot, I would let my car warm up as I made the rounds around the store, making sure everything is locked up and cleaned. Never once worried about anybody stealing the car. My secret?

10 minute (well, 9:50 really) turbo timer. Start car, wait for everything to cycle, switch on to manual timer, turn off ignition, turbo timer starts counting down. Lock car, walk away and no need to worry.

Granted, I live somewhere where a stolen car is about as common as a day that the wind doesn't blow (which is to say, VERY rare), so I never really worry about my cars around here, at least not about being stolen.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I was looking into this and I plan on picking up a Viper 5701 alarm with remote start/kill also if the alarm is armed you cannot start the motor no matter what you do unless you somehow bypass the alarm. Also if someone does manage to start driving off in your car when you do the remote start you can remotely kill it.