Kaizen 2JZGE Swap & Suspension Redo

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Thought I'd share what's been happening with my 89 NA Supra daily driver recently. First off my Driftmotion Rebuilt 7MGE that had cylinder number five issues from day one finally died. You guessed it cylinder number five let loose. When I got the car to Jose at Kaizen he tested everything and found zero compression, and a freeze plug was beginning to leak. Since it was suggested in the past the crust on the spark plug of number five was due to an injector, Jose sent mine out for testing, they all tested good. So I decided to go 2JZGE, Jose did everything including the wiring harness, rear sump oil pan, basically a perfect turnkey swap. So now in the future if I have an engine go south which I doubt I will since it’s a 2JZ I just buy a readily available 500.00 2JZGE motor and swap it in. I could not be happier; it’s freaking sweet to drive now, more power too. Once I got it home I ordered everything for a complete front suspension rebuilt, I already had energy suspension bushings front and rear since years ago I loaned energy my car for a month to develop the bushings for MKIIIs. Next I ordered Eibach lowering springs for the front and rear, and front and rear Tokico Illumina II TEMs compatible Gas shocks as a kit off eBay. One thing I added I'm not sure many do was four KYB shock boots, they're cheap and fit perfectly so now the shock shafts, and seals have some protection from the elements. The car cruises like a dream, no bouncing what so ever, I wasn't sure how it was going to act being lowered, but honestly, there's no difference in ride quality since I prefer a smooth ride and let my sway bars and Goodyear GSD3s take care of handling and stopping.
Rick

photo3.JPG

photo6.JPG

photo7.JPG

Attachments

• photo6.JPG
    photo6.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 4