JZA80 Steering wheel converted to MA70?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Those TRD JZA80 steering wheels are sweet as hell and sometimes can be had for a decent price if you look hard enough.

Question :
Did anyone ever make an adapter to fit a JZA80 steering wheel to a MA70 and retain the airbag? Yes I searched... so maybe someone can point me to an obscure thread or comment?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
From my understanding, the JZA80 steering wheel won't work on the A70. This has been discussed a lot from I on the forums and I guess the airbag will NOT work at all. All I want is the horn button off those wheels

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
yhatzee89;1914100 said:
From my understanding, the JZA80 steering wheel won't work on the A70. This has been discussed a lot from I on the forums and I guess the airbag will NOT work at all. All I want is the horn button off those wheels

Yup, it will fit but nooo airbag. I'm sure you could get the horn to work though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
2005-ish Corolla had a similar wheel, you won't pay an arm/leg for it, and they're common as all hell. Airbag compatibility I have no idea on (and really after being hit with one a decade ago, I have no desire to meet one again haha), but the horn part is fairly easy. Should just be a one wire setup IIRC.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
The corola wheel airbag wont work as well. its the same airbag system as the mkiv, which is a whole different system.
A little off topic, but does anybody know where to get just the horn button off the mkiv TRD wheel?