jza70 new toy

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Hi guys just wanted to share my new toy with you all , its a ma70 shell (widebody) refitted as a jza70 with all the bits including an mv automatics shift kitted auto and jza rear diff.Shocks are bilsteins and the springs are jza70.It runs a whiteline rear sway bar setup and the front has the thicker jza70 sway bar, new bushes.It also has a mines front strut bar but its off at the moment getting welded and polished.
The engine has done 100,000 kms and its just had its timing belt replaced and new plugs e.t.c.The filter is a K&N and its still runs the stock twins for now, Fuel pump is a walbro 255lph job.
last dyno was 195 kw at 13 psi (stock tuned with old school apexi)

Results:The car handles great, shifts well, spools by 2100rpm, gets great fuel consumption and revs very freely.
BUT:Its not spit on my other car(7mgte cressida) power wise, i feel a little embarassed putting the foot to the floor and not getting that raw slap in the face like my 7m delivers, i know ill get burnt for saying this but i own both engines now and feel i have a right to be honest.

To be fair to the 1jz ill soon be purchasing a single turbo kit from driftmotion and some 550 injectors with a set of 2jz cams.i already have a map ecu and some other bits like an eboost and the critical gauges so soon hopefully ill be eating my words about the 1jz, but at the moment im a little dissapointed power wise.i honestly feel this motor would be better suited to the ma61 body weight and would one day down the track love to do this swap.But ill give it a good shot in the ma70 shell first.Enough rambleing on heres some pics.
p975925_1.jpg

p975925_2.jpg

p975925_3.jpg

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
Oh so true. I currently have a 7M-GE, and it definitely puts a hurtin on the other imports around here; both old and new. I have plans to do a full JDM 1JZ-TTE swap w/RHD conversion though. Keep us updated on the progress when you start changing things up.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
SupraMaster;975975 said:
Oh so true. I currently have a 7M-GE, and it definitely puts a hurtin on the other imports around here; both old and new. I have plans to do a full JDM 1JZ-TTE swap w/RHD conversion though. Keep us updated on the progress when you start changing things up.

Yeah..get the engine code right first - 1JZGTE - you may not find a 1jz-TTE lol.:biglaugh:

OP/ Car looks nice. Swap looks pretty clean. Is that the original color of the car? Looks repainted.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
its been resprayed by the previous owner and at a distance it looks good but up close it has runs and pits and its not painted on some edges e.t.c in all its going to get a respray by a pro in the same colour to do it justice.
Wheels are "work wheels" 18x9's and 18x8's and they are coming off to get stripped and polished, with dark colours i like the look of polished alloy rather than black.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Very nice car, that colour of green looks great.

I really like the pic of the silver(ish) rims, over the black rims.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
SupraMaster;975975 said:

oh god, do not do a rhd conversion.... have fun driving around a lhd city in a rhd car.... left hand turns are a pita

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
wiseco7mgt;975925 said:
BUT:Its not spit on my other car(7mgte cressida) power wise, i feel a little embarassed putting the foot to the floor and not getting that raw slap in the face like my 7m delivers, i know ill get burnt for saying this but i own both engines now and feel i have a right to be honest.
i agree with you, but don't let suprahero read what you typed:biglaugh::biglaugh:
nice looking car. i really like the color you have there. any interior shots?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
kylefoto;976693 said:
Is that dark mica green? (6L9 color code)
Looks different than it, but I wasn't aware they had any other greens for the supras?

yeah no..the Mica is a much a much nicer green. I hope the owner will repaint it 6L9 color when he does the paint. It would look awesome.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
i was looking to paint it the same colour as it is now but i didnt know toyota had a similar colour ill look into it.
The 1jz revs very well and has a very even power but it also feels very tame, the 7mgte comes on in an almighty rush and rips your diff out the back and punches you in the face(sorry best way i could describe it)
ill get some interior pics tomorrow, the seats are leather with suede inserts, the drivers has electric everything with lumber support.

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
suprastanger507mgte;976014 said:
Yeah..get the engine code right first - 1JZGTE - you may not find a 1jz-TTE lol.:biglaugh:

OP/ Car looks nice. Swap looks pretty clean. Is that the original color of the car? Looks repainted.

I use the extra "T" to denote the twin turbo. I do this because so many have done the single turbo conversion.