JZA70-MA70 Wiring Trouble

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
(It is kind of long, but please read it through and see if you can help me with bits and pieces and maybe if someone doesn't know it all it can be pieced together. Thanks!)

Ok, I've attached pictures and the four files/diagrams I'm working with so this can be clear.

I've wired everything from the EA2 diagram except for connector F, for hydrofan as I'm not using it. So that is checked off of the list, for now. I see another thread about using some of the EA2 wires for A/C, didn't do that.

I've wired everything on IH1, except for the "IG2" wire. There is no wire for it coming from the jza70 harness and no wire to wire onto on the B1 connector. So for now, it just isn't done.

I started wiring up IH2 (Please refer to the diagram to make things clear), the white connector from the jza70 harness. Again, I'm having an issue or two with some wires. :sarcasm:
I've looked over the list and figure out I don't need to hook anything up frmo the white IH2 connector except Pin 5 "Cruise ECU Pin 9" (O-Optional), Pin 18 "II1 #13 A/C amp", and Pin 19 "HL relay". Everything else has to do with Auto tranny, SRS, TEMS, ABS, and hydro fan, none of which I have.

You're probably wondering, only three wires from this harness this guy has to splice and he has trouble already :icon_razz (Pin 5, 18, 19). Well keep laughing, I looked at the white connector and there is no wire there for pin 5, so I didn't connect anything. I guess this means Cruise won't work? (Actual question).

Pin 18 for the A/C is supposed to go to B1-13. I notice that from the IH1 diagram (please look at it to follow along) that B1-13 is already taken, with another A/C wire, so I spliced both into the B1-13, is this correct?

Pin 19 for the HL relay. Those are the first two pictures below.

xfpxd1.jpg

21alfl1.jpg

From the diagram, it says I should be taking a red/green wire from pin 19 off the jza70 white connector (IH2) and splicing it into a red/green wire on the USDM B1 connector, pin 22.

Both ends of this are confusing for me as you can see. Coming off of the jza70 harness, I notices it was red/yellow. The way things were going so far, I said ok, close enough, it's the right pin. Then I got to the B1 connector, and it's a BROWN wire. Even so, I was ready to go through with it, but I saw right next to it, in pin 21 there is a red/green wire. Coincidence? Who knows. Seriously, who knows? I don't. Should I splice the two wrong colour, mismatched wires together because they are the right pin, or is something wrong? Ok, that's it for my woes, some trouble with IH2.

2h7291c.jpg

1zn8weu.jpg

35jfm2o.jpg

jg17rl.jpg

etbeyg.jpg

The other pics now, the following pics should be simple and quick. As you can see, the first plug is off of the harness and I'm not sure where it's supposed to go, my question: where does it go? I ask because I'm not sure if that plug will work or if I have to get one and splice it on there.

The second pic is another set of wires further down the harness, near the intake manifold near the back of the manifold/engine. It has no plug on it so I'm wondering where this is supposed to be going, to the starter?

The third pic shows those wires up close, one is brown, one is light green, and one is blue with a black stripe.

Fourth pic is a cluster of plugs, what do these go to, are they all compatible with the plugs in my car or do I need to splice other connectors on there? I'm asking about them because I was told I wasn't given all the connectors I need the those four diagrams don't cover everything.

Lastly, in that cluster of foru connectors from pic 4, you will see the one to the far left is just two wires, no plug on it. I'm wondering what this goes to and what kind of plug I'm going to need. If I can't get the plug I can look at what it goes to and cut off the other end plug and use a matching set.

I didn't take a pic of it, but near EA2 there is a large connector and a smaller 4pin connector, what are these for, last question :)

Attachments

• EA2 (1989).pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IG1 (87-89).pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IH1(87-89).pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IH2(87-89).pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
From the top :

Pin 18 for the A/C is supposed to go to B1-13. I notice that from the IH1 diagram (please look at it to follow along) that B1-13 is already taken, with another A/C wire, so I spliced both into the B1-13, is this correct?
****No, you should leave this off****

Pin 19 for the HL relay. Those are the first two pictures below.From the diagram, it says I should be taking a red/green wire from pin 19 off the jza70 white connector (IH2) and splicing it into a red/green wire on the USDM B1 connector, pin 22.

***This is only for the idle up. you may or may not splice this. Won't make much of a difference and is not needed to make your car run. Basically all it does is tell the ecu that there is load on your electrical circuit so kick up the idle. Not needed***

Third Picture :

Just extend this plug about 10 inches. This is for your heater VSV and will remain indside the engine bay.

Fourth/Fifth Picture:

Broken Map sensor plug. You can grab a map sensor plug from the 91/92 Corolla at a junkyard and splice those wires in. Just verify with someone which wires are for what pins. Corolla map sensor plug fits nice and snug on the jza70 map sensor.

Sixth Picture :

Grey square plug : for tranny / ABS connections
Grey round plug : For JZA70 oil level sensor plug on the oil pan. Not needed.
Small Black plug is for the starter signal.

Seventh picture :

Reverse lights. this will have a plug here and then plugs into another harness that goes over the tranny to the drivers side where the reverse light switch is located.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I'm not going to quote you as it would make things huge, unless I cut out my part, but it isn't much necessary anyways.

I just want to say thanks again, this helps me very much, very clear and helpful, including the hint about using corolla plugs.

- I will cut back off the second wire and leave just the first one.
- If I do want to use this, which two wires are supposed to be joined?
- Great, all I need to know. The wires on the end showing, one is long and one is too short to join onto. I'll look to see if the ma70 plug will connect to this one and I can just take this one off and extend the connector side.
- This is great to know, I will either get it from a JY or get it from someone shipped, might be the same thing in gas at the JY is one town over.
- Thanks, I feel stupid asking now as once on the car I would have figured it out easy, possibly even by looking at where it goes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in without knowing for sure first :icon_razz thanks.
- Thanks for the tip on routing.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
suprastanger507mgte;1385823 said:
From the top :
Pin 19 for the HL relay. Those are the first two pictures below.From the diagram, it says I should be taking a red/green wire from pin 19 off the jza70 white connector (IH2) and splicing it into a red/green wire on the USDM B1 connector, pin 22.

***This is only for the idle up. you may or may not splice this. Won't make much of a difference and is not needed to make your car run. Basically all it does is tell the ecu that there is load on your electrical circuit so kick up the idle. Not needed***

Guyana00;1386023 said:
- If I do want to use this, which two wires are supposed to be joined?

Just wondering if you or someone else could answer this for me? For the reasons above in my other post I don't know if I should do it according to pin designation, things didn't go exactly according to plan so far with the wiring so I just want to make sure. Thanks

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I was wondering if anyone could answer what I should do for this mismatched wire combination.

I also noticed if you look at the IH2 diagram I uploaded, it says for A/C hi/lo pres SW, it's optional. If I want to use it, where it is supposed to go, what plug and what pin?

I uploaded the diagram to this post so people will be more inclined to look at it and offer help. Thanks.

Attachments

• IH2(87-89).pdf
    46.3 KB · Views: 21

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Guyana00;1388510 said:
Just wondering if you or someone else could answer this for me? For the reasons above in my other post I don't know if I should do it according to pin designation, things didn't go exactly according to plan so far with the wiring so I just want to make sure. Thanks

I believe it connects to a separate wire on another plug. In your year of the car, there is supposed to be a nother plug ( yellow) hanginf fron under the dash. It has only two wires I think. Verify this first.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Good to see you back to this thread. I haven't see anything like that but I'll look for it and I'll see if it's tucked anywhere. Only two wires though? Sounds like it would have stuck out to me.

Thanks for the assistance by the way. Just need a few wires figured out, have the rest figured and then I can solder up and install.