JZA70 folding mirrors onto USDM mk3

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
If I were to install these onto my USDM supra what all is involved? Pretty sure ive read somewhere about a control module for them or something.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
well when i went to do my mirrors i never found the information that i was looking for and i came up with this write up on how to wire them, you will need the mirrors, a control box, the plugs that go into the mirrors, the plug for the control box and the mirror switch with the "retract" button. I have a spare control box and plug endings if your interested pm me.
heres the write up i came up with

Connector a
Pin # 8 from usdm br-b into pin #8 of jdm plug (lg)
Pin # 6 from usdm br-r into pin # 6 of jdm plug (br-b)
Pin # 7 from usdm br-y into pin # 7 of jdm plug (lg-b) be careful there are two wires of the same color!
Pin # 5 from usdm lg-b into pin # 5 of jdm plug (lg-b)
Pin #2 from usdm lg-r into pin # 2 of jdm plug (lg-r)
Pin # 3 from usdm w-b into pin # 3 of jdm plug (w-b)
Orange pin from usdm plug remains and needs to be entended to the orange wire on the door control module.
Connector a is complete!

Connector B & C (USDM) to Connector C & D (JDM)
Beginning with driver door Connector B (USDM) and C ( JDM)
br-b from usdm splice into lg from jdm
br-y from usdm splice into lg-b from jdm
lg-r from usdm splice into lg-r from jdm
the missing wires just match from door control to the same color wires and splice!
Now the passenger door connector c (usdm) and D ( JDM)
Br-b from usdm into br-b from jdm
Lg-b from usdm into lg-b from jdm
Lg-r from usdm into lg-r from jdm
+the missing wires just match from door control to the same color wires and splice!

The only thing that you are missing now is a ground and a positive for your control box!
The positive for the control box is the w-r wire and needs a constant signal that is always on so you can fold your mirrors even when the car is off. By process of elimination the w-b wire is ground.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
yeah I have a complete jdm car and pulled "door control box" from the door. This is the correct one for the mirrors to work? just making sure it is hidden somewhere else I didnt see.