just wondering...

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
is there a way to simulate an 8 hr drive without actually going on the drive... i know this will be frowned upon but i put steel seal in my car to seal a BHG since it's my dd and now i have to drive from richmond, va to columbus, oh next week but really don't want to get stuck in the middle somewhere. so far on short trips around town i don't have any problems and i turned the heat off to make sure it wasn't helping mask my problem. anyway back to the question if anyone knows a wayto simulate an 8 hr. drive...

thanx a bunch and the steel seal won't remain forever i do plan on getting another motor and doing a complete rebuild on it, this is just so i can get around for now...

ross

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i knew it was a not good to use the stuff but it's the only option i have until i can put a new motor together... and the dyno comments were pretty much what i was thinking was the only option but thats not feasible either... i appreciate the help

will be putting up a rebuild thread sometime in the future until then gonna drive til she dies... (once again not a great idea but, gotta do what i gotta do)

thanx again guys,
ross

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
jackstand and reverse until i kick it over a cliff... hmmm not really my favorite option but.. something to consider... or light it up and call insurance and the police and say it was stolen... another great one a friend told me once...

thanx

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Why not simply drive around your town and surrounding area for 8 hrs one day. It'll cost you a tank of gas or 2, plus food. Call it a marathon cruise for hope and get donations from locals ahahaa.
eric

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
my neighbor just said that drive it for 2-3 hours constant and if nothing happens by then it should be good. that in that amount of time would be the same as driving for a full 8 hrs. so i guess i'm gonna make a pointless trip to the middle of the state and back tomorrow...

thanx for the ideas guys

ross