Just finished the swap and its running, 1 small glitch

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Ken and I just finished the swap and it started right up after we primed it for a couple minutes. Much props to Ken for all his help.

Now on to the glitch:

When first started up with engine cold, we get the normal fast idle, then idle will come down to about 800 rpms, but when you blip the throttle the idle will only come down to about 1100 rpms. So now we are idling at about 1100 rpms, turn the car off, then restart and idle is rock solid at 750-800 rpms, blip the throttle and we are back at 1100 rpms.

The throttle linkage is not binding that I am sure of.

I thought a vacuum leak but a vacuum leak would be all the time not only when blipping the throttle.

We still need to hook up the pps, not sure if this is related, and the idle up for the power steering is hooked up as well. Is it possible to hook up the "idle up" for the power steering up backwards?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wayne

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
get all the vacums hooked up and make sure no vacum leaks.
You can also remove the ISC valve and clean it as they ger pretty gunky and sticky inside. Also check to make sure the throttle cable is adjusted.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
suprastanger507mgte said:
get all the vacums hooked up and make sure no vacum leaks.
You can also remove the ISC valve and clean it as they ger pretty gunky and sticky inside. Also check to make sure the throttle cable is adjusted.

The only thing I haven't done is remove the isc to see it's state. I have all the vacuum lines hooked up, and it will do this without the throttle cable attached.

Wayne

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Well both of you are very close, it was the dashpot on the throttle linkage.

Pull it back and idle would return to normal. Ken and I adjusted it this evening and it come back to a rock solid idle everytime.

Thanks

Wayne

On a side note, Jose, could you send me those harness documents please.

Thanks bro.

Wayne

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
3rd: You mean the throttle position sensor? That shouldn't really be adjusted by ear. Get out the multimeter and set that thing as close to .5v (at full throttle close) as you can. The closer the better.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
BlackMKIII;876737 said:
3rd: You mean the throttle position sensor? That shouldn't really be adjusted by ear. Get out the multimeter and set that thing as close to .5v (at full throttle close) as you can. The closer the better.

No, I mean the throttle dash pot, it's purpose is to keep the throttle from slamming shut to fast, kinda like a small shock absorber, it is located just behind the tps on the throttle body.

Wayne