Just Finished fixing the 7mgte.. Still code 34

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I just finished redoing the intake manifold gaskets on the 7mgte and replacing the accordian with a harpipe and running intercooler hardpipes.. it's just under construction but here are some pics.. it's a bit messy. Anyway it runs really good now with the new in tune tps and hard pipes etc.. But it hits fuel cut.. like it won't go into boost.. Anyway heres the pic of the Manual boost controller... not sure what i should do? It needs to be turned down right? So do i tighten and loosen it? hope you can help!
:1zhelp:

p1163112_1.jpg

p1163112_2.jpg

p1163112_3.jpg

Just for shits and giggles i threw a pic of my new gtx260 .. it's sweet :)
p1163112_4.jpg

Last edited:

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Rennat;1163120 said:
if you cant even boost it you have a HUGE boost leak.

well there are no leaks. It's boosting too much. It'll hit boost but right before it's gonna go fully into boost it cuts out.. I know it's hitting fuel cut.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
There were leaks** LOL :)

**About the supra : I turned the boost down by turning the bolt out. I had it at 5psi and it boosted through but was cutting out alot. So I examined alot of hoses and the 2 PCV hoses were leaking.. so that's a leak. Also should i worry about one the vsv's filters missing? Also i found a leak going from the sensor that sits onto of the thermostat that has two nipples. One was unplugged from the shaking of fuel cut i guess.. The hose is too short. Otherwise i'm gonna do some testing and get it boosting nice in no time. What's a safe boost level for the ct26? i was thinking 10psi... or so.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
10-12 psi if your not hitting fuel cut. there needs to be a filter unless you want dirt coming into your engine. i know i dont. make sure there are no vacuum leaks of any kind. and if you have the money get a aftermarket boost gauge the stock one is shit.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
already have an aftermarket boost gauge. also we figured out that the clutch is bad. its slipping when we get into boost. also it runs ok when you only run about 5 psi but when I turn it up just a little bit it looks like it boosts to about 9 psi or so and hits fuel cut....

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
It's throwing code 34 and 41 now.. 34 boost pressure, 41 tps. I tested and tuned the test before installing it. All the resistance Ohm values were all in spec... i don't get it. maybe i'll unplug the tps and blow out the connector and the sensor connections. Could a bad vsv cause 34? also would it throw a code if the spark plug wires weren't throwing the right spark and they're loose? They feel loose on the plug but i used pliers to tighten up the ends that plug into the coil pack.