Just dyno'd yesterday!! limited to 471 RWHP, lack of fuel..

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So yesterday i randomly decided to go dyno tune my supra. I went and got some 110 race gas and drove over to Performance Drivin's shop in Indy. I got the car on the dyno for a full hour to do some tuning with it. This is the first time i'v dyno'd my car since I put the 67mm billet turbo on, so it was in need of a tune. The first run I just had it on wastegate boost which was 7psi and not tuned for that low of boost. but it made in the 270's on that run. I slowly turned the boost up each run till i got to 19psi. the first run at 19psi it was way out of tune and made 405hp. I kept it at 19psi and just worked on the tune. Durning tuning the HP jumped from 405 to 417 to 428 to 446 to 463 then finaly to 471rwhp. So i gained nearly 70hp just from tuning it at the same PSI range. I also had a big exhaust leak between the turbo and manifold, so this was deffinitly hurting my power. I was planning on making more (550+) but i found out that my injectors were completely maxed out at 19psi and 471hp. So bigger injectors and a meth kit will be my next up grades, then shooting for closer to 600hp.

Heres a video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypM3Xp6eO6Q

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Fuzz - His spool is definitely not as quick as the Boss was.... but the 'ol billet 67 spools up well and hits hard up top.
I don't recall his turbine A/R... he can chime in for that.

My .02 cents from this trip........
Getting back on the interstate after leaving the dyno shop, I couldn't believe how much more power there was.
Felt like a completely different car!!! Congrats again, Nate.

If you find the time, get that exhaust leak fixed (even if it's...temporarily ;)), that way you can lay down 500+ at the Indy meet.

Jeff

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
the exhaust housing is a .81 A/R. right now with the exhaust leak it doesnt really hit full boost till around 5500rpms, alot slower spool compared to the lipp boss, at least with the leak. when its not leaking its just alittle slower to spool than the boss turbo, but deff. hits alot harder up top

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
built motor
bored .20 over
Oversized Ross pistons
550's, walbro
lex afm
Hard pipes
large front mount
ssqv bov
safc II
AEM wideband
profec B electronic boost controller
Full 3in exhaust
Tubular manifold
HKS 50mm wastegate
67mm Billet Turbo from precision

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Nate. I have a pt67 and our numbers should be similar. My car with the meth injection makes roughly 530rwhp @ 18psi. I start squirting the meth at 11psi and it comes on full blast at 19psi. I'm currently running 93 octane and meth @ 23psi making around six hundred rwhp. Just thought I'd give you some idea of what kind of power you'll be making.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Ya, the exhaust leak between my turbo and manifold was defenitly hurting the power, i prolly would have made right around 500hp without the leak. And yes my injectors were being maxed out, no matter how much fuel we added it was very lean from 5000rpms and up. it got very rich right around 4500rpms then went very lean after that. From 5k and up the AFRs were in the 13s :/ not what i wanted to see.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Wouldn't running that Lean be caused by the exhaust leak more then anything?

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Decent numbers but as mentioned should be a bit higher. But any upstream/pre 02 exhaust leak will lead to leaner readings, so sorry your tuning was kind of a waste. You will need to come back and tune again without the exhaust leak. You shouldn't max those 550's out until around 600rwhp!

But good numbers anyways!

Seth

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I personally believe, if air can get out, air can get in.

Sure, considering the circumstances, it's not likely pirate air is getting into the system, but it's better safe than sorry.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I was always told 550cc injectors were only good for around 550hp, is this true? Im going to be needing larger injectors anway for higher power goals, and to be safe.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
general safety margin is .87 x cc

it is possible to get 1hp per cc with increased fuel pressure, yes. but you can effect spray pattern and you are asking a lot from a single walbro. def not a lot of room for error.

my next step would be a full fuel upgrade and fix the dang manifold! on my car i lost a ton of power and about 800rpm spool.

congrats on the progress so far!