Just changed to a full flow oil system

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
I upgraded my oil cooler, added an oil thermostat and relocated my oil filter. While doing that I decided to change my water thermostat too. Before the full flow setup my engine temp gauge would be either in the middle or slightly under. However since the upgrade my engine temp gauge is pretty darn low while driving on the highway. Is it normal because the oil cooler is helping my engine stay cooler or is it my new water thermostat stuck open?gauge_temp.gifgauge_temp2.gif

During traffic it went back to the before temp

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
the oil cooler is helping take more heat out of the engine but most likely this is due to the new thermostat. On the stock gauge who knows what temp it really is. that might be the difference of a 10 degree cooler thermostat or your cooler oil is keeping the block cooler post coolant thermostat and that might just be the 3-4 degree difference it makes.

vCo2v

Jun 10, 2011
Tacoma
it seems to be at the normal (what i'm used to) during day time, but when it was colder at night open highway, that's when it seemed to run really cool.

What's nice is since converting it to a full flow oil system my engine bay temps have cooled down noticeably.