Just a rant...

skim1040

work in progress
I have to rant...

Over the summer, I had a case of the dreaded BHG...fixed it up, brand new head, and a complete freshen up. It was awesome!

I have the car back on the road for about a month, when, in the Whataburger drive through of all places, an old man manages to mistake the gas for the brake and drive right up over my bumper into the rear of the car...:nono:
After a battle with the insurance company, and almost having to total the car, I just get it back on the road from the body shop looking great about 3 weeks ago.
It's driving great, looks great, I had a few dollars left over from the insurance claim and have some awesome plans for the car.

The timing belt goes, leaving me stranded in a parking lot...my fault for not changing it when I had it torn down for the head gasket...

I call up AAA and get a tow truck to come pick me and the supra up and take me back home...
Riding in the tow truck, having a decent conversation with the driver, we have to come to a quick stop at a stop sign. Out of the corner of my eye, I see old supra come rolling forward and smash into the back of the cab/front of the flat-bed :nono:
The lovely tow truck driver hooked only ONE chain to the back of the car on something that wasn't the tow hook...I didn't think anything of it at the time, until it was too late

Ugh...If it's not one thing it's the next it seems like.
I really really want to do this car right, but as of late, i've had nothing but bad luck with it. :(

I've already called AAA, and the owner of the towing company is coming out tomorrow to look at the damage.

Wish me luck!

and, if it's any consolidation for me, my new (to me) Spearco IC and pipes is sitting next to the supra :)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Dude....I'm sorry!

It made me laugh...not at you but simply the situation!

This is where one just stands back and says "THE FUCK....SERIOUSLY!?"

skim1040

work in progress
AAA called me back and the guy told me
"The owner of the tow company should take care of everything, if he doesn't call us back and we'll make sure he does"

From what I read, the tow company could be in some serious shit if I pursued this since my car wasn't strapped down properly.
But, as long as they fix the front end of the car properly, i'll leave it be...if the tow company seems like they're going to flake out on it, I've got both AAA and a potential lawsuit on my side :D

The owner of the tow company came out today to look at the car himself. Super nice guy, seems genuine. Gave me his card and his number and made sure that they would take care of it...

skim1040

work in progress
To update the thread a bit

I got the damage to the front end estimate...$1400 :O

I call up the owner of the towing company and drop the bomb on him.
"1400?! 1400?!!! It was just a scratch! What, are they painting the whole damn car?!"

etc. etc. etc. from owner

So, I scanned and e-mailed him the full 3 page printed out quote from the body shop on Monday...I still haven't heard back from him...

I'll give him another call and a day or two more. If I haven't heard from him by then, i'm calling up AAA again. :) Then the fun begins

In other news, the Spearco install went well!

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Man luck wasn't on your side, but it seems to be now. Bad thing good thing happenin, but in the case of you having to go after them to get everything fixed, could maybe relate in some money.

But that's just my thought on it.

Sorry to hear, But hope things get better from there.