Just a little Big Brake project

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
black89t;2036401 said:
dam too bad i'll have bought the arz kit by the time they're available it looks like oh well they look cooler lol. and all the pads at the parts store suck im a fan of porterfield ive had a set on my car forever and they make the stock brakes perform much better. good pads are very important with braking performance.
You can order in a set of good ceramic pads at any parts store if you dont like what they have on the shelf i perfer to stick a quality pad also you would be suprised what they can order in for ya there see whats avaliable and check the reviews.what i can tell everyone is that this setup will throw you through the front windshield if you are not careful lol.

Last edited:

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Can I interject about the pads. well I will. Yes you can get pads from autozone for just about any car. (I picked autozone bec they are popular) But I can tell you that a duralast gold wont hold up to any abuse track wise. Pads play a big part of brakes like said in other post. Not knocking your kit just wanted to say that.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
1-2clutch-u;2036519 said:
Can I interject about the pads. well I will. Yes you can get pads from autozone for just about any car. (I picked autozone bec they are popular) But I can tell you that a duralast gold wont hold up to any abuse track wise. Pads play a big part of brakes like said in other post. Not knocking your kit just wanted to say that.
And what i am trying to say you dont have to go with the house brand stuff you would be suprised what can be ordered in by them i am not saying that they are the best either but if one wants to order a set of pads for the track they are also available for this caliper.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
HIGHHIGHLANDER;2038357 said:
When?around about price
We will keep you posted but very soon i am working out package price with vendors as we speek just giving everyone an update but much less than the arz kit as mentioned. Again all parts are new not used because thats just not the way to go

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Well i havent tested his but our kit is adding a huge amount of surface area going from 13" to 14" on the caliper itsself has larger pistons i expect this setup to out perform with no problem during the rnd of this i looked into all posible sizes and this is what i decided to go with on cost side of things i am working with vendors right now to figure this out as far as the cost for our kit but you cannot compare the two because his price of 300 is for used parts and i have not priced his setup with new parts but you get what you pay for i guess i never buy used