Jury Duty

Well, about 2 weeks ago I received a letter from the Milwaukee Court House(or something like that) telling me that I was choosen to show up to a juror call. Which is tomorrow January 9. In my head, I was like really? Why me? I litterally just turned 18 like last week.(My birthday was December 15 and received the jury letter on the 24 of December.) I was mad but at the same time jealous because out of my family member, only one other than me was picked for jury duty. But the sad part about it was, they were picked when they were 29. I just turned 18 and got picked. What good luck I have. Maybe with this luck I can win the lottery. I know what some of you guys might be thinking that its just jury duty and its nothing bad, but damn, I don't want to do it....haha. Well hopefully I won't get picked for another 10 years I hope. I'm gonna get through it like a man haha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Should be grateful we still live in a country that bothers to find random jurors. For now anyway. ;)

That said, my girlfriend was on a panel a few months ago, she seemed to enjoy it if not for the cramped conditions of the jurors box.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I threw mine in the trash.. I dont get paid for missing work and i pay too muich in taxes anyways.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Been picked every fucking year around my bday for jury duty since I was 18. I am 21 now...and they chose me AGAIN. But luckily I've been in school for it everytime so I haven't needed to go. Haha.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I think its a great opportunity to participate in one thing makes this country great. Many people blow it off or get out of it, but I feel its important to be a contributing part of that process.

If I ever get formally charged with something I'd want those 6 or 12 jurors to be taking it seriously and I wouldn't them to be the "fools" who were too dumb to get out of jury duty.

I've been on one jury and I and one other juror brought the jury from 10-2 guilty to 12-0 innocent. There was no evidence and yet 10 people were ready to throw a guy's life away.

I don't know, I just think its a good opportunity to contribute to our society. Your tax dollars may be wasted by Washington, but don't waste one of the better parts of our nation. Most the people in this world don't have the luxury of a justice system like ours, even as flawed as it can be at times.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Thanks for bringing up the nullification thing guys (and gal), I was not aware of this. Not saying I'm looking forward to it, but next time the opportunity comes up, I wouldn't be disappointed to serve on a panel.