Joining the ranks

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Hey everyone, I've had my Supra for a while as well as lurking around the forums a bit... Anyway, I have a 1989 Targa Turbo 7M, and to be honest, it never stops impressing me. It is one kick ass ride.

Here she is, in all her Turbocharged glory:

p567724_1.jpg

p567724_2.jpg

p567724_3.jpg

p567724_4.jpg

p567724_5.jpg

Please pay no attention to that Honda parked in the same driveway. I'll smoke the doors off it when I get the chance :evil2:

Last edited:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Thanks for the welcome! :icon_bigg

I see atleast one other MkIII every week or two here in Calgary, but I've only ever seen two in real life that are clean and sharp.

I'm looking to have the body work finished and get it painted by next summer, as that there's some rust on the edge of the targa and on the top of the rear wheel wells.

You can't really tell in the pictures but the 9.5" wide MkIV rims are on the front and the 8" wide rims are on the back. Combined with the rock hard suspension, she corners like it's on rails and has little to no body roll. Passengers have claimed it's "rough" but I prefer to think of it as "being one with the road". :naughty:

It doesn't have much modification under the hood. The engine is a JDM with (supposedly) 4000km's on it. It was put in a week before I got it because the previous 7M-GTE was knocking. The previous owner said the fellow he bought it off of put an HKS turbo and an HKS boost controller. I know for a fact it'll have a stock headgasket in it, so an engine rebuild will be in order sooner rather than later. It also has cat back exhaust that sounds awesome. I don't know enough to look at parts and identify them on sight, so I need to do more research to varify these claims about an upgraded turbo, ect.

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
There are tons of mk3s around Calgary. If you haven't already, join up at www.supraclub.ca - the Calgary club actually just had a lunch meet on Sunday. Lots of people who know a lot of stuff about these cars, and everyone's really helpful.

Welcome to the site, good to see another Calgary guy on here. That's one pretty car you have.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Nice ride, I love white Supras!! I never knew headlight washers came on 89+ though... I thought it was a pre 89 thang...

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
azrael said:
There are tons of mk3s around Calgary. If you haven't already, join up at www.supraclub.ca - the Calgary club actually just had a lunch meet on Sunday. Lots of people who know a lot of stuff about these cars, and everyone's really helpful.

Welcome to the site, good to see another Calgary guy on here. That's one pretty car you have.

Thanks Azreal, I appreciate you pointing me to that site. I'm in desperate need of first hand knowledge and experience :icon_bigg

I'm just waiting for the approval to post now. I'm dissapointed I missed the meet by 7 days :cry:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I actually live up in Airdrie, everything's cheaper there... heck, moving to airdrie knocked 200/year off my car insurance :icon_bigg

Airdrie and Calgary are about 5 minutes apart anyhow, saying Calgary just saves explaining where Airdrie is :biglaugh:

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Is it kind of a pearl white? On second thought, I may have club-carded your car last night, else one that looks exactly like it.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
She was parked at the calgary zoo station all day yesterday (the 10th), until a little after midnight... It didn't budge on the 9th because I had a flat tire :cry: And yeah, she's pearl white. I've seen a few other white Supras around Calgary, but all of them have had black trim.

lol, what do you mean by club carded? I had 3 hours of sleep last night, so I'm not real sharp :biglaugh:

azrael

Some assembly required
Oct 2, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Dave (CanuckDave on supraclub.ca) made a bunch of business cards for the club -- I have a stack of them, so whenever I see a Supra parked somewhere with no discerning markings on it, I'll usually slip one under the windshield wiper. Actually, I'll do it even if I recognize the car as a club member. Sort of a "fancy meeting you here" kind of thing.