Joinin USAF

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Looks like they've desided to bump my ship date to Aug. 19 and decided to tell me yesterday. The kicker is I just got hired for a job that I was going to use to tide me over til Nov. 4 (original ship date). So now I have to quit before I even get to work there. Oh well, at least I'll miss the extra warrior week their adding.

Titus

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
that kinda sucks. Good luck tho! I have plans to go into the national guard next summer. Something in signal or intel.

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
To all of you who have been so much help to Titus...thank you. He left today for basic and he's shipping out tomorrow. He's so excited and I'm glad for him...proud of him.

So thanks for being supportive and encouraging him.

Nancy (Titus' wife)

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
xxxotiknightz;1130759 said:
To all of you who have been so much help to Titus...thank you. He left today for basic and he's shipping out tomorrow. He's so excited and I'm glad for him...proud of him.

So thanks for being supportive and encouraging him.

Nancy (Titus' wife)

::salute::

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
:eek:

Did he just go to basic? Did they end up pushing him back even more? He mentioned Aug 19. We are Sept 16!

Yikes.

Nancy, did you see or did he tell you what AFSC did he get?

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
Cangrats Titus!!! I'm leaving for BMT on December 30th! I'm excited, I'll be coming in as an E-1 and hopefully I can graduate as a Warhawk and get those medals I read about. I also qualified for every mechanical job there is ^__^! I don't know thw list of jobs, but I know I'm going to get the best job mechanical wise, there is.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
LOL...you have to get through Basic 1st. For every job, there's a skill level...you need to test well to get the job you want. And, perform well at Basic to demonstrate you have what it takes.

There's a key phrase at Basic that goes something like this:
"Yes Drill Sargent"

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdub;1131342 said:
LOL...you have to get through Basic 1st. For every job, there's a skill level...you need to test well to get the job you want. And, perform well at Basic to demonstrate you have what it takes.

There's a key phrase at Basic that goes something like this:
"Yes Drill Sargent"

Regardless of what comes out of thier mouth (yes even if they are wrong, you married folk should know that game well already! ;) ).

BTW The ASVAB should have told them what they were qualified and should have picked three positions. :)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Yep...the ASVAB is the key ;)
Of course, the needs of the AF (or any other service) is top priority, regardless of what you want.

LOL...marriage is a good intro!

Here's a few things not to do talking to the DI, especially for those socially conscience types:

"I really don't want to do that"
(translation: thank you for telling me how to cause you grief)

"That's not fair"
(translation: your buddies are going to like you a lot when I make it fair)

"You can't do that"
(translation: let me show you what else I CAN DO)

Get the idea ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdub;1131366 said:
Yep...the ASVAB is the key ;)
Of course, the needs of the AF (or any other service) is top priority, regardless of what you want.

LOL...marriage is a good intro!

Here's a few things not to do talking to the DI, especially for those socially conscience types:

"I really don't want to do that"
(translation: thank you for telling me how to cause you grief)

"That's not fair"
(translation: your buddies are going to like you a lot when I make it fair)

"You can't do that"
(translation: let me show you what else I CAN DO)

Get the idea ;)

Hey Col., You should put in your title

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants (Especially if joining the Mil) & Filtration (What not to say to Wife or DI.).

;)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
LOL...Not an expert by any means, but I do know how some guys seem to make it 10X harder on themself. Of course, that guy takes the heat off the ones keeping a low profile. ;)

As far as the wife goes...I'm still in training. She did get me house broken though :)