Joe's 1JZ Build Thread

nytefire

Supramania Contributor
Jun 14, 2006
Virginia
Well, I don't post a whole lot on the boards here, however I will try to be more active with the community here. When I was on my way back from deployment I had thought about dropping the 7M from my 90T. I wanted to see about doing a 1jz swap in VA.

My issues were with not having a place I could really work on a vehicle (the apt complex would freak here). So I called up Aaron at Driftmotion.

JDM 1JZ-GTE w/43K Miles (68K Km)
New front and rear main seals
Koyo Race Radiator
Samco BLUE Hose Kit
BIC Mounts
Upgraded intercooler
2.5" Hardpipes
AEM Uego wideband
Super AFC Neo
Braided steel brake lines
SS Hydrofan line
SS Clutchline
Action Clutch Stage 3
SS P/S Hose
1jz afpr kit

Already on car:

Megan lowering springs
Walbro 255 fuel pump
MKIV Wheels
Shadow Grey from a 92
3" DP + exhaust setup

I don't remember what else it has Aaron might have to correct me if anything is wrong.

4/15/2008

The longest wait was for the 1jz to come over. Aaron sent me pics of the clip from his phone. (Ignore the dirty engine as this is how it came off the ship.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Its got pretty low miles too ~43k miles (68774k km)

imagejpeg_1.jpg

6/3/08

Everything completed with the exception of IC and Wiring.

6/12/08

I get a phone call to the sound of a motor revving, they just have to button up a few things and add the turbo timer.

I'll have to see if Aaron can post a newer pic of the car and motor installed.
my hats off to Aaron and Dave for all the work on this car. It sounds great and I cant wait to be able to drive it around, I'm not sure how many out in VA have 1jz's or how many in the Virginia Beach area.

Joe

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's awesome that you could send them your car and have them do the work. At least you'll get to drive it without having to work on fixing the little bugs and minor problems you usually have with a swap. All you have to do is drive it. Are you having it sent to you or are you flying out and driving it back home? That's a long long long trip, but in a new 1jz it might not be so bad.

:ttiwwp:

nytefire

Supramania Contributor
Jun 14, 2006
Virginia
The plan right now is have it sent, if I could get the time off I'd love to fly out and pick it up. I'm in the process of buying a house right now as well so things are definately busy for me here.

suprahero;1052934 said:
That's awesome that you could send them your car and have them do the work. At least you'll get to drive it without having to work on fixing the little bugs and minor problems you usually have with a swap. All you have to do is drive it. Are you having it sent to you or are you flying out and driving it back home? That's a long long long trip, but in a new 1jz it might not be so bad.

:ttiwwp:

nytefire

Supramania Contributor
Jun 14, 2006
Virginia
suprahero;1054943 said:
any updates?

No updates yet, just talked to Aaron and he's been super busy.
Just a few things to finish up, then to find a way to get it here with today's gas prices.

Joe

mjtoll23

almost a TT-R
Apr 14, 2007
VA
Hey Joe,

I live in chesapeake and have a 1jz swapped 88. You will love the new engine! We will have to meet up sometime.

Later,

Mike

nytefire

Supramania Contributor
Jun 14, 2006
Virginia
Updates:

June 18th: Aaron was able to send me a couple pics of the hard work they've been doing on the car.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

imagejpeg_5.jpg

imagejpeg_6.jpg

This is how I feel about the car: :love:

I don't think I'll be able to thank these guys enough for everything. Maybe free beers on me when I come back to Cali :biglaugh: