JDM swap gone bad...

blackgraz

Racecar Driver
Nov 13, 2006
DFW Texas
ok well I did a JDM swap its been going and ran into alot of problems lot of it was cuz of the car was in bad shape to start with. anyways im not getting RPMs on the cluster im pretty sure its due to not switching out the DAMN oil sensor or maybe the harness is bad at one point im not sure yet but I was wondering if would it be easiser to change out the gauges only or the whole cluster? and how much for the gauges/cluser? and why wouldnt it just blow a fuse and not blow the gauages??!?!?!

lifted

Jun 13, 2006
memphis
when i swaped my engine i put all the stuff that was different from my old engine onto my jdm one, including the oils sensor. i left the gauge cluster the same.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
yeah i just finished a swap about a wk and a half ago, maybe a little longer. If you went from GE to GTE then it would make sense that your tach isnt working. If thats the case follow dcrusupra's advice. If you went from ge to ge then you wired something up incorrectly or forgot to hook something up altogether. Give us some more info

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I find blown fuses funny. cuz you always freak out like ahh crap I killed it, then you go back to basics and see it was a bad fuse.