Jdm r-154 vs usdm r-154

Hi i heard that they are the same thing basically. Like the jdm one doesn't have abs sensor. My question is If the jdm r154 has a extended shifter. What Can i do to make it work on my usdm supra with out modification to my car. I was thinking about haveing a jdm motor and trans imported. Its hard to find spares here in California. My supra is a 1990 7mgte.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If it's a jdm one with an extended shifter then it's not from a supra, it's from another toyota. You'll need to swap the shifter housing with the one for a supra. If you have a broken USDM R154 it will swap over from that.

As far as the ABS sensor issue, I don't know of a solution other than removing the ABS from the car. Maybe you can relocate the sensor to the driveshaft with a custom bracket and tooth wheel.

Also, the JDM transmission takes soy sauce instead of gear lube. If you don't have soy sauce you can substitute cheap saki.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
destrux;1775206 said:
If you don't have soy sauce you can substitute cheap saki.

It's sake ;)

I'd double check and see if there's maybe a mounting spot for that sensor that is just plugged as well. Sometimes that's the case. Worst case scenario you could take the guts out of the JDM and put it in your USDM one (though that would be a lot of work).

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I have a JDM trans and as far as I could tell, it is exactly the same as the usdm version it replaced. This was a swap out of a Supra though.