jdm 7mgte in a US spec. HAC sensor question

Tuner.87

Aug 27, 2011
East Lansing, Mi
ok i ve been doing searchs and found that it seem you need the HAc sensor. I have an 87 swapping in the jdm motor the motor mounts are the same but there saying the hac sensor was switched to intagrated with the ecu in 89 and the jdm motor doesnt have the hac sensor plug and my us spec one does. any info? will i have to put my old harness on the jdm motor? i think the jdm motor had a auto ecu and using my mt. im guessing thats what the a/t stood for anything else about the swap would be great

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Tuner.87;1795391 said:
ok i ve been doing searchs and found that it seem you need the HAc sensor. I have an 87 swapping in the jdm motor the motor mounts are the same but there saying the hac sensor was switched to intagrated with the ecu in 89 and the jdm motor doesnt have the hac sensor plug and my us spec one does. any info? will i have to put my old harness on the jdm motor? i think the jdm motor had a auto ecu and using my mt. im guessing thats what the a/t stood for anything else about the swap would be great
Hi Tuner.87,
My USDM Supra is using an '88 A/T JDM 7MGTE ECU, and the 7M isn't using the HAC sensor. The plug is just zip tied out of the way of the JDM ECU. I haven't driven the Supra high enough in elevation to need it. The highest elevation the 7M has seen was below 1700 feet, w/o issues w/too rich mixture. I may be going out on a limb here; I'd say if you're going to stay below 1700 MSL, your Supra should be O.K.
HTH Van

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you have a 87 and you got a 89 gray plug harness it will not plug in an work properly for the body plugs.