JDM 2JZGTE

90dx

Jan 4, 2008
Prince George BC
I bought mine from JDM Source they have sold me quite a few swaps now and always super clean motors complete with no damage.Shipping might be expensive there in Alberta Canada.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive used japan motor imports twice now. they dont charge an arm and a leg and come with the ECU ignitor map sensor.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
JARCO. JHOT. DriftMotion.

Osaka is where I got mine, but theyre really not for the consumer, the only way to get them to do honest business seems through a distributor. So, I'd stay with the ones mentioned above or any other official vendor on here.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I suggest to everyone to buy motors direct from an importer with their own junkyard in Japan that it came from. In the east coast, that leaves us with just JHOT and Jarco.

3rd party motors are crap. Stay away from them. Dont ask why, you know why.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
90dx;950117 said:
I bought mine from JDM Source they have sold me quite a few swaps now and always super clean motors complete with no damage.Shipping might be expensive there in Alberta Canada.

Lol, I TRIED to get one from them, and they told me they didn't have any. :(

Fortunately, there's like 4 companies in Calgary alone that deal with JDM motors.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I would tear it down regardless of where you get it from. Mine came from JHOT but when I pulled the head, there were a lot of coolent passages that were completely blocked which would have caused hot spots and probably blown the head gasket in no time. No way JHOT could have known that but just remember these are junkyard motors.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I ran my jhot motor for almost a year off the crate with just the usuall replacements (water pump, timing belt, plugs). Did run a tad hot but nothing to worry about.

When I went single, I replaced the headgasket for a 2JZGTE one. Some of the water passages were blocked just from being a 1992 motor. I cleaned it all out and now it doesn't even require the rad fan to be on unless it's 95 out and i'm in stop and go.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
csnow;962894 said:
I would tear it down regardless of where you get it from. Mine came from JHOT but when I pulled the head, there were a lot of coolent passages that were completely blocked which would have caused hot spots and probably blown the head gasket in no time. No way JHOT could have known that but just remember these are junkyard motors.

Thats why you do it the right way, and get your motor out of a running car :biglaugh:

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Dylan JZ;963131 said:
Thats why you do it the right way, and get your motor out of a running car :biglaugh:

The motor was out of a running car. JHOT tests all of their motors. I did it right by tearing a used motor down to see what condition it was in before installing it;)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
csnow;963222 said:
The motor was out of a running car. JHOT tests all of their motors. I did it right by tearing a used motor down to see what condition it was in before installing it;)

No, no I mean an actual driving chassis.. not a clip. :icon_bigg