I've searched but can't seem to gather enough info..precision 6262 or 6265

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
which one would be the best option for the 7m? on the info I've read on multiple threads it seems to 50/50 on which on to get.
I'd like to get the .8 or .83 whatever it is on the exhaust side. I've read the 6262 spools better but not as much top end and the oposite for the 6265 but have also read that the 6265 spools the same but you also get more top end what do you guys think would be better. are any of you running one? if so how is it?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
It sounds like you already found your answer???
It never hurts to have a bigger turbine, will leave you more room if you wanted to spray your car or run different fuel type. Or get a smaller wheel and small hotside, then if it chokes out get a bigger hotside.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
hmmm...true I've jest read that they spool the same and also that they don't spool the same and the 6262 is the way to go and the 6265 is the way to
I guess it all personal preference on your goal
just planning ahead

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
Im running a dbb 6265 on a stock long block with arp studs. I am extremely happy with this turbo you wont go wrong with either turbo. The biggest difference in spool is going to be what size exhaust housing you use. My setup is t4 .81 ar on a dyno dynamics it put down 497 at 21 psi. I have full boost at 3800 rpm. This turbo is capable of a lot more I am building an engine to swap out and turn up the boost my end goal is 750-800 rwhp I might move up to the 6466 if I can't reach my goals with current turbo. Buy one and you won't regret it !!!

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
You should check out the tuning and SP sections of supraforums. Might not have much info regarding the 7M, but alot of people are running those turbos and making a lot of power. SP has posted a few comparisons too, where all they changed was the turbo (same engine, manifolds, etc). Just keep in mind that the majority of the info that gets posted is for the 2jz.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
yep I've seen most of those that's why I was asking which would be best for the 7m since most of them had a 2j
ill probably end up with the 6262 I mean it's plenty power when I won't even be pushing it to it's limits or the motor