I've got meth problems!

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
My Devilsown meth kit arrived thursday, installed the pump, controller, and everything besides the nozzle. Didn't have a single problem. Controller powered up, flashed 3 times for my 3 bar map sensor, I don't remember if it flashed fault mode, I don't see why it would(meth kit doesn't know the nozzle isn't installed). I mounted my nozzle last night. Went out for a drive and try it out. I did set the controller for my current boost setting. Super rich and runs terrible. Yup the meth pump runs all the time, no matter what the controller is set at. Even with the key on the pump runs. It didn't do this after I installed the kit. I drove all friday without it pumping any fluid, or it might of just ran out of windshield washer fluid. I know it's wired correctly, multimeter tested the map signal wire with the possible thought of being wired into a 12v source but it's not. I talked to a friend that is very knowlegable about meth injection systems. Says a friend of his had the same problem and it turns out the controller box was fried.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Did you hydrolock the motor? How can it run all the time and not fubar something? It's going to run rich until you get it tuned. I haven't driven mine since I installed it because the guy that I know with a dyno hasn't installed his new one yet. I took my nozzle out until I can get it tuned. Good luck.

Any updates?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
No I shut it off before it could cause any damage. Talked to Chance at Devilsown a few times last week. Good guy, troubleshooter the system only to find out that the controller was fried. They sent me a new one and I'm happy to say it works.