It's been a while

supradrift

Jan 23, 2009
Burlington, NC
hey guys, i'm not gonna say i'm "new" to the site b/c i actually joined it about a year ago or somewhat. But it has been a while since i've been on and wasnt very active when i was on it at that time. I am currently deployed in iraq and will be coming home in early 2010. I bought a 91 supra before i left and was planning on building the 7mgte that i also got with the buy. I changed my mind and bought a 1jzgte vvti and the motor and car are currently sitting at my friends shop soon to start getting worked on. i want the car to have around 500-550 hp and have the "sleeper" style. Currently the only thing i'm planning on doing to the exterior is putting coilovers on it and dropping it down, and a set of 18x8 volk te37's in the front and 18x9 volk te37's in the rear. if anyone has suggestions or anything to help with ideas for the build please let me know i'm open to all ideas!

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Welcome, I guess. LOL. What branch are you in? I'm a medically retired Marine myself. I'd suggest a full suspension upgrade, especially including new poly bushings for everything since the old rubber bushings are pretty wore out after 20+ years. I'm assuming you're going to be putting this power through the R154? What differential? Driveshaft? What standalone are you going with?

supradrift

Jan 23, 2009
Burlington, NC
honestabe;1433291 said:
Welcome, I guess. LOL. What branch are you in? I'm a medically retired Marine myself. I'd suggest a full suspension upgrade, especially including new poly bushings for everything since the old rubber bushings are pretty wore out after 20+ years. I'm assuming you're going to be putting this power through the R154? What differential? Driveshaft? What standalone are you going with?

i'm in the army, yes i will be putting it through an r154, and as far as the diff, driveshaft, and standalone i havent come to a conclusion yet. thats one of the reasons why i wanted to get on here and get as much info as possible to find out whats best and what to avoid. any suggestions???

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
hay man, i know how it is ex military and all, since im getting out soon.. but if you really want to have a motor that is good for the life of the motor, and im not trying to bash here, but build either a 1j, or a 1.5, or the 2jz motor.. the jz motors are better, in my opinion as far as life goes.. but thats just me..