Issues, possible TPS adjustment???

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Hi guys, I am sorry if I sound like an idiot but this one has made me scratch my chin. It seems like I have a miss only on these certain conditions, cruising at 55mph, when I play with the throttle to stay at a constant speed, it will randomly miss(only happens like once a day too and from work). Rpm will drop on the tac about 100-200 rpm when it occurs. I feel like it may be a bad spot on my tps or possibly adjustment problem. I have a boost gauge and I dont see vacuum dropping when it occurs. It doesnt matter if I put 87 or 93 octane fuel and it has occurred before and after my mods. I will try to test the tps and do the adjustment per toyota spec. Is it possible that it could be something I am overlooking? Thanks guys.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Light miss at steady cruise? Did you examine your basic tune up parts to see what they look like?

Pulled DTC's?

Put an inline fuel pressure gauge on the car?

Over oiled your K&N lately?

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Nick M said:
Light miss at steady cruise? Did you examine your basic tune up parts to see what they look like?

Pulled DTC's?

Put an inline fuel pressure gauge on the car?

Over oiled your K&N lately?

DUDE, YOU ARE THE MAN! I checked my air filter, I found a rats nest underneath it...(I live in the country) cleaned it up a wee bit and see what happens. Luckily they didnt eat it, or I would have traps all over that 7m :icon_evil. I will check codes later tonight.