Issues: Continued

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
I posted not to long ago about an issue I had been having with my starter not engaging. I found it to be the ignition switch and it started right up, no questions asked. However this Friday it stopped starting once again. The same issue as before, starter will not engage and turn over. So I am currently lost and need some help!

Below is a list of things I have done so far, to try and fix this problem.

1. Replaced starter.
2. gutted out the alarm system.
3. grounded the blue and orange wire, and the two under the hood.
4. replaced the ignition switch.

I've checked fuses and wires. Made sure my grounds were good, I even cleaned the brown connection to the starter, and still, It will not start! If anyone has any suggestions then please, tell!

-Joe

Last edited:

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Another question, the spade connector, thats the connector thats currently on the solenoid correct? I can use that right?

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Another thing you might want to check is the contacts on the starter...
Before I had bought the car, my buddy who I bought it from had had one put in, and I was having similar problems, so I got a starter rebuild kit (with contacts and shit) and when we took out the starter, the 2 contacts I had in there, weren't the same size! So you may want to check that if you have it out...

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Its a new starter so I know the connection on the starter is fine. As far as the spade connector to it, could use a replacing so I'm not to worried about it. Actually doing the mod right now, just waiting on some spade connectors. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

89Joe

Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Below are some pictures I took of what I've done so far. This is correct yes??!?! And the red wire I have by the brown connector, can that brown connector be cut and spliced to the red, so that it connects directly to the relay, to the battery? Just verify this for me please because I don't want to mess anything up. So far I've done everything the write-up says too, I'm just not sure about how to do the rest. And about the electrical tape...yea I know its a bit...ghetto.
2cdwyrl.jpg

2mi3olz.jpg

2hezhfm.jpg

Sorry about the massive pictures

Last edited: