Issue is back ?? So confused

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So about 7-8months ago my car was throwing codes 41 and 71 thrown always together.

41 = Throttle Position Sensor Signal
71 = EGR System Malfunction

I replaced my TPS sensor and re-pinned the tps clip on the harness, also found that i forgot to plug in the EGR temp sensor so the problems ended up going away easy enough right?

Well starting 2 days ago both codes are back.. the check engine light turns on and off consistently while driving sometimes stays off for miles and stays on for miles. The driving behavior of the car does not change what so ever.

My car does buck a little while driving but i am almost 100% positive this is due to the Intake Adapter on the lexus AFM it is a GE intake adapter that quite frankly doesn't even bolt all the way down on the AFM also it is 100% round and cuts air off to some of the meter.

I just ordered the Apexi power intake form driftmotion about 5min ago to fix that problem.

Another known problem is a exhaust leak where the turbo elbow meets the downpipe

Many things have changed in my setup in the past 8months

Lexus AFM
560cc injectors
New TPS
New VSV for the EGR
New exhaust setup
new water pump and clutch fan
new BOV
various vac hoses and water hoses

I know everyone's first instinct will be to tell me i have a short in the wires somewhere but i was just wondering if there was a stupid simple solution to my problem and why both codes are being thrown together.

Thanks for comments and help in advance.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
I have a similer problem my car bucks at low RPMS.. But then again i have a exuast leak at my turbo ,.. Maybe we should start from there