ISCV Check Valve Seal - Discontinued and S.O.L.?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Hey all, I have another problem with finding parts. I'm hoping someone out there may have run into it as well.

In my huge task of cleaning the shit out of my 7MGTE I seem to have misplaced my Idle Speed Control Valve Check Valve Seal. Part no 90210-26001 from the diagram below (bottom left):

MAB039D.gif

I called Toyota and they said, "Sorry it's discontinued and nobody has any left." Great. I've been in this position a lot lately it seems...

The mk4 seems to have an identical looking seal and check valve, but I have no idea if it's even close to the right size. The mk4 part no for the seal appears to be 90210-25001. Oddly enough it's a lower number than the mk3 part.
The mk3 seal seems like it would be about 36mm OD with a lip coming down to around 27-28mm.

Does anyone know if the mk4 seal is the same size? Or has anyone found another solution? It doesn't seem like a common seal shape so finding another off the shelf part may be a huge challenge.

http://www.driftmotion.com/Idle-Speed-Control-Check-Valve-and-Grommet-p/dm3170.htm

Thanks!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprarx7nut;2074667 said:
Hey all, I have another problem with finding parts. I'm hoping someone out there may have run into it as well.

You do not stand alone. Unfortunately, the parts counter does not gain by doing leg work for you and finding them.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Supracentral;2074678 said:

I haven't tried them for this part, but I tried in the last couple weeks for another that they showed online, but after placing my order they emailed to say my requested parts were discontinued and unavailable. I'll see if I can give them a call ahead though and check. Thanks.

Nick M;2074703 said:
You do not stand alone. Unfortunately, the parts counter does not gain by doing leg work for you and finding them.

Yeah I can understand that. The dealer network seems really disjointed at times. One dealer will swear nobody in the country has any of a given part. I'll call another dealer in town and they'll have it in stock, haha. It's a crap chute.

lithium14;2074707 said:
1 and 2J ISCV seals do not work on 7M. Accidentally bought one from Driftmotion thinking it was for 7M.

Damn, thanks for the confirmation.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Well I called and chatted with 4 different dealers, two local, two online big boys... nothing. All said the part was discontinued with none available nationwide. This part might as well be MH370.

So I found a PCV grommet at O'Reileys that had too much material in all dimensions and shaved it down. I think it will work fine. The center may be a bit too restrictive, but I'll just have to wait and see. It cost me $3 and about 30 minutes of rework with a drill, razor and sandpaper. If it works I'll upload a video and get it documented for others.

This last tune up has really been an eye-opener for parts scarcity on the mk3. Previously I never had an issue with drivetrain components, but I suppose that time is gone.

Thanks for the help guys.