heres the info on this supra for sale in des moines:

1989 Toyota Supra N/A
Targa
Automatic
164000 Miles
A/C is shot
Red
Black Leather Interior
It got hit on the front end. Rust on the fender bumper is banged up.

the ad said he wanted $2500/obo for it.

www.edmunds.com stated the car was probably worth not much more then $900 while www.kbb.com stated that it was worth $2300. lol, imagine that.

i have not yet seen the car. he does not know the condition of the headgasket. his ad said that it was a "3.0L turbo v6" when i called him, he said that it wasnt turbo and that he just found that out today. he said its pretty clean except for the damage up front. i might go check it out. whats the most any of you would pay?

thanks.

-Tyler

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
No!!!!!

Sorry man you can do better for $2500!!! If you are willing to drive you should be able to find an OK turbo car for that??? Even I would have a hard time trying to get $2500 for my NA.....:cry:

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
I would not pay that much for that car. I payed $2600 for my car and it's a turbo targa 5speed in great shape.:icon_razz

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
ill keep u updated and ill get some pics.

Thanks for thinking of us!

1989 Toyota Supra N/A
Targa
Automatic
164000 Miles
A/C is shot
Red
Black Leather Interior ??

But I think you've already summed it up nicely. ;)

They're rare cars here in Denver, but I'd never pay more than $300 for an N/A with rust, that's been in an accident, and who's previous owner has already proven to be WAY beyond clueless. Oh wait, I already did that... ONCE.

6o4turbo

It never ends...
Oct 27, 2005
B.C. Canada
heres the info on this supra for sale in des moines:

1989 Toyota Supra N/A
Targa
Automatic
164000 Miles
A/C is shot
Red
Black Leather Interior

Black leather interior? Is it custom? Or is he confusing it with shadow grey or something?

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
ok, so i went to check it out. what a fucking pile of shit! this motherfucker kept insisting on his $2500 price. hes so white trash... "this car is too fast for me, i just need to get rid of it." so then he goes about and tells me that he paid $100 for it. what the hell! $2500 for a car that he paid $100 for. then i asked him if there was any overheating issues as i saw crap all over the sides of the engine and he said yes there was and he said that he can "gaurentee that all that needs to be done is a radiator flush." then his wife that was missing alot of her teeth came out and said that "he didnt know jack shit about cars because he was a chef!"

so im thinking... what the hell. the only thing worth anything on this car is maybe the digital climate control, some interior pieces [which was shadow grey cloth] and the foglights, and the middle piece on the tail light section. talk about a waste of time and gas to go see a car that was "too fast for the owner." i told him that it would need alot of work to get into any working condition. the brakes needed bled and the targa leaked not to mention all of the rust and body work that needs to happen...

christ! i might call him back and say "hey, remember the kid that u tried to rape.. "go fuck yourself!" or "hey, hows about $50 and i get to kick you in the nuts and we'll call it good."

/end rant! enjoy the pictures SM.com

-Tyler

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
that car looks like a piece of garbage. i wish you wanted one about a week ago.
i just sold my N/A no rust no body damage for $600. however, it did have a severe rod knock. everything else was perfect

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
once again. i was only looking at it because it was listed in the paper and in des moines, supras are rare so i had to check it out. too bad its terrible. i still might offer for it and then part it out.

if its got a good title... can i sell that or whatever when i dump it of at the junkyard? lol..

-Tyler

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
dude i'll sell you my rust free, crash free, in pretty dam good shape, n/a 5 speed, for 1200... lol

only has a bhg which im fixin neway :)

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
they may seem rare....but you can always find em' in some old mans back yard...thats how i got both of my supras...and i got a really good deal.
keep looking..im sure something worthwhile will pop up.