IS this the starter?

RavenMaster

SupraMan
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Barbara
www.torrentgeeks.com
Okay I have gotten 3 diffrent answers so i figured I would come to the pros to find out for sure. For the past week I have been having a problem with my 88 Turbo.
Okay so at first it started with just once turning the key, hearing one click....then...nothing, turned the key again and it started right up. Well over the past week it has taken more turns of they key to get it to start. At first i thought it was the alternator but then someone pointed out it isnt continuously clicking, its just clicking once and then nothing. Today then same thing but this time no matter how many times i turned the key it wouldnt turn over. So i ended up popping the clutch to get it to start, and whala! it started right up. Does anyone know what my issue is?
Thanks

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
yea it does sound like the starter try tapping it with a long wrench and the crank it. works better if yu have a friend tap while u crank. but u can't do this for ever you d need a new starter eventually. and one day tapping won't work and it will be completly dead.