is this possible?????

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
i have a jza70 harness and ecu, but the harness was cut and spliced in two spots and not done very wel at all. i found a jzx90 harness and i want to put the jza70 plugs onto the jzx90 harness so it will plug into my jza70 ecu. i am planning on ruuning the harness through the speedo cable on the driver side and flip the ecu. thanks for the help

SeanMcCabe

May 29, 2008
Arizona
Suppose it is. You'll need pinout of both ECU's and will be looking at quite a bit of work. On the other hand you might be able to find a jumper harness, and if not, Dr. Tweak could probably make one.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
ok i found a 1JZZ30 and ecu in philly, but its not MT. would it be better to use the jza70 MT ECU with the 1jzz30 harness or just keep the jzz30 ecu with it?

SeanMcCabe

May 29, 2008
Arizona
You can use a jzz30 AT ecu with the R154. So I would pick those up if I were you. Plus, stickied in this section you'll see a write up on how to wire the jzz30 harness to your car.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
oh good! i was going over that thread how to wire the jzz30 into the ma70, but i was'nt sure if the jza70 ecu was better. but that clears that up, ill just get rid of the jza70 stuff. thanks guys!

i just picked up a HKS ssqv BOV and was wondering how to block off the area were the stock one would go. any tips or tricks on that would be great:)

SeanMcCabe

May 29, 2008
Arizona
Could leave it and just disconnect the vacuum line, or you can order the block off plate for a cleaner look from 935motorsports

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I ran my harness through the speedometer opening, but had to open it up a bit, so we used tin snips and cut a slightly bigger hole. I believe we were able to re-use the grommet too. Might be a good time to replace your speedo cable too, those are a bitch to get at *after* the fact. ;)

Also, you can re-use your 7m's ecu brackets on your JZ's ecu. I did that and it bolts right up where the 7m ecu did. :)

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
^ i am going through the speedometer as well:) thanks for the advice, i have tin snips and a dremel with a bad ass cutting weel, with the exstention that make it so much easer!