Is this normal??

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I lowered my car with B&G springs. 1.5 inches on all four corners. I'm liking the look and the ride is not bad at all, just really contemplating putting the stock springs back on when I get my stock 5-spokes powdercoated and new tires put on them. I like the stock ride and cruising in my thing.

The pics below are of the rack n pinion. Is it normal for the tie rods to look like that on a lowered car?

Drivers side:

p1967256_1.jpg

Passenger side:

p1967256_2.jpg

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
Yes. Think about how you have changed the geometry of the steering. When you lowered the car you lowered where the rack and pinion is in relation to the ground but you have not changed where the tie rod ends are located on the steering knuckle. The angle of your tie rod ends will cause some massive amounts of bump steer which is not fun going around a corner and hitting a bump. Trust me on that. ;P

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
You coupler looks more concerning than the tie rods. You may wanna get a couple that is the right size�� Just sayin

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
BryanDyer;1967832 said:
You coupler looks more concerning than the tie rods. You may wanna get a couple that is the right sizeí ½í¸œ Just sayin

The least of my worries where this car is concerned. It doesn't leak and it's not a daily driver. In fact this car may become a parts car if I can find a nice N/A to do a transplant with.