Is this for real OR is it just my mind playing tricks?

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Hey guys. My MK3 was sitting in the garage for three months because of the hot weather, and finally the weather started to cool down, so i jacked the car, took out the AC compressor, fitted the audi belt, replaced the old turbo manifold clips with new ones, tightened them up, flushed the old radiator coolent, cleaned it up, then fired the engine up.

After washing the car I took it for a test drive, and after 15 minutes i parked the car, and got out with my legs shacking.:wtf:

I never knew that my car had this much power, the RPM reaches up to 8.2, the boost 21 PSI, and it burns rubber in third gear. I thought that i got used to my car but it surprised me :yikes:. before i made it sit for three months the RPM barley reaches to 7 and the PSI was 17 to 19.

So i talked to some friends that have 7mgte or 1jzgte engines in their car about this and they had the same thing. so we concluded that if you make your car sit for quite some time without turning it on it will become more powerful LOL.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
burnout_smiley.gif
woohoo!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Try 6 months and going from a 160k 7mge to a 2jzgte (bpu) and have driven a cavlier during those month. I thought i was in the space shuttle lol

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
SupraMario;1759697 said:
Try 6 months and going from a 160k 7mge to a 2jzgte (bpu) and have driven a cavlier during those month. I thought i was in the space shuttle lol

yep been there! 96 cav & a 91 civic... oMFG i hated those shit boxes but 30mpg ftw... saved me pennies so i can throw them at the supra LMFAO... 1.5jz swap here... now i daily it and i feel "use" to the power... Time to tune ...

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
mjsn1;1759685 said:
and got out with my legs shacking

I've experienced this after a long long break from the car (or anything fast for that matter)
You get used to it quick, well at least I did.

Sam

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I know that i will get used to it just like i got used to a 2jzge then a 1jzgte then a 1jzgte with twin hks turbos with bla bla bla.

but im still scratching my head about the extra RPM and boost.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Extra boost could come from whether changes you said you just washed the car? COLD water on the intercooler? just a idea ?

Extra RPM i'm not sure what you mean

Like the car use to run out of power be for then or your redline changed lol? witch is impossible i think unless someone is playing tricks on you.
But more boost = More power so the car possibly wouldn't fall on her face as much at High RPM

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
yeah it might be new to you but.... try driving your car here in texas in the middle of summer... i'll tell you what the MINUTE the temps droped under 80 for one day my car gained 80HP I shit you not....

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
TRDownShift;1759854 said:
yeah it might be new to you but.... try driving your car here in texas in the middle of summer... i'll tell you what the MINUTE the temps droped under 80 for one day my car gained 80HP I shit you not....

Agreed, once it gets to be mid september and october the temps sure make a difference.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Thats true, the cold weather does improve the cars performance. In the winter my car is like a hyperactive dog thats on crack, i can feel that its just waiting for me to step on the gas .
I have two guys that wants to race me soo bad, One also has a MK3, and the other has a 240ZX with a 2jzgte in it, we have been rivals for more then three years now, i think its time that i show them what my car can do.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Can't wait to dyno my car again in the cool weather. It was tuned on 17.5 PSI and in our shop the air temp was 104 during the dyno session. Made 396HP 398TQ! Can't wait to go again in 60 degree's!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You guys would love the temps where I live... it's already getting into the 40's in the mornings. Come January, if the roads are clear of snow and ice, you can make some pretty nice power. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Yeah, I miss it too, despite the heat. I actually rather enjoyed it. :)