Is this a Supra part ?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Got my block back last week from the performance shop.

I gave him a bag with the bolts for the timing cover to attach to the block.

It came back and these 2 round things don't seem to match up to the TSRM, parts catalogue or anywhere that I can see on the engine so far.

Picture is them both next to a penny.

Attachments

• DSC00333 (1536 x 1024).jpg
    DSC00333 (1536 x 1024).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 50

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
easternguy2005;1283358 said:
Got my block back last week from the performance shop.

I gave him a bag with the bolts for the timing cover to attach to the block.

It came back and these 2 round things don't seem to match up to the TSRM, parts catalogue or anywhere that I can see on the engine so far.

Picture is them both next to a penny.

They are from a small block GM motor produced between 1955 and 1996. Specifically they are part of the rocker arm setup from a single cam pushrod design:

vemp_0703_02_z+corvette_rocker_arms+stamped_steel_type.jpg

They are not part of your Supra. This shows a lack of attention to detail at your machine shot and I'd be careful about using them again. I wonder how many of your Supra parts wound up in someone else's bag?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
When I got it back the front was still bolted in place and these two things were part of the bolts still there. Used them like thick washers. So far every bolt/nut is accounted for but didn't want to do the final torque on the front till I knew for sure everything was accounted for (these two things).

I feel MUCH more at ease now. Trust me I've been stressing something fierce the last 2 weeks.

Thanks !