Is this a B+M Short Throw shifter?

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Is this a B+M short throw shifter? I thought is was a cut stock unit at first, but then I noticed the B+M shift knob. Its from a 1990 turbo supra. I recently accuired this car and have only driven it a few hours as it had blown hg. It shifted like crap, short throws but very nochey. I understand there was supposed to be a green washer under on it but i see only small greasy pieces of it. So I need a little help from someone who knows what a r154 shifter looks like. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 83

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
thats a stock shifter with the sogi mod and it was rethreaded at least im 90% sure

*edit* get the green gasket and its like night and day

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Thanks for the help. I didn't think it was a b+m, I searched a little while and couldn't find a b+m short shift for the MKIII.

all be maken short shift for great price stay tuned
NashMan, maybe I'll see you friday at Timmys. I'd be interested In that thing your making.

pics of the green gasket?
There is no more gasket. the greasy paste between the slots in the shifter is all thats left. the biggest piece I found was about 1/4 the size of a fingernail.

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Yeah once but it was awhile ago. Before I'd ever heard of supramania, or supracharged, I didn't have any internet, but I've since seen your car in several places on the net. I talked to you for a few minutes admiring your car (august 05 ish). I think you were having some engine issues at the time.
I used to have an 89 turbo but had to sell it for school. It was the red one with polished 17" MKIV wheels, I sold it to a guy named Roger. I wish I had kept those wheels though.

Last edited: