Is there supposed to be a EGR block off plate on JDM GTE?

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hey.

I'm not having an easy time understanding my setup.. It's a JDM GTE (it doesn't have a charcoal caniste, BVSV and has a JDM throttle body).

When looking at the EGR location(?), it is completely open and is not blocked. Should it be like this? Or shouldn't it be a block off plate there?

Also, what are you supposed to do with the vacuum line going to the EGR?

Scott

Attachments

• IMAG01181..jpg
    IMAG01181..jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 55

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
From what i understand, the block off plate is on the exhaust side, by the exhaust manifold, so there is no need to block off the other port as it only leads to the back of the head. I am pretty sure it is supposed to be like that.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Are you sure? I can't see anywhere on the exhaust side where there is supposed to be a block off plate? Isn't the EGR system only going between the intake plenum and the location in the 1st picture?

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
back of head is where the egr cooler is on usdm engines. on jdm's, no cooler and there should be a plug there. that plug stops exhaust from going to that port. i would block off just for looks though

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
You're correct. On a JDM head the hole shown in yellow is plugged. This blocks the path from the exhaust runner, allowing the holes in blue to be left open. On a USDM head this entire area is covered and known as the egr cooler.

p1578086_1.jpg