is ok to be driving my car with out tuning after rebuilding?

joseh8772

hello guys.i would to know if is ok to be driving my car with out tuning after i rebuild the engine?this are some of the modifications.550 injector,ffim,t71turbo 40mm tial wg,fuel pressure regulater kit,JE pidtons,hks mhg,crower conecting rods,ferrea valves,

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Then I would say no. I would be afraid of washing down the cylinder walls with too much fuel or running it lean if you try to run it hard.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
joseh8772;1426879 said:
hello guys.i would to know if is ok to be driving my car with out tuning after i rebuild the engine?this are some of the modifications.550 injector,ffim,t71turbo 40mm tial wg,fuel pressure regulater kit,JE pidtons,hks mhg,crower conecting rods,ferrea valves,

hmmm

all this, but what is controlling the motor?

Stock TCCS?
Aftermarket EMS?
Piggy back on stock TCCS?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
^ This, and you won't have enough injector for the turbo, unless you are trying to limit your max power to get used to it at certain stages?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I didnt have mine re-tuned after my rebuild. Air fuels are better than ever. Although I am running with a Microtech, and the set up wasnt changed. Just the motor was pulled and rebuilt then put back in.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Lex AFM?

Other then that looks like itll be rich from the bigger injectors, any time you mess with fuel or air delivery, you should have it checked out.

Same goes for anything that changes the timing curve drastically.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
joseh8772;1427053 said:
ok it still have the stock computer.the only after market electronic is the turbo timer and boost control.and it has a 80mm TB

yikes!!

On/Off switch for low throttle positions.

Running pig rich with no lexus AFM.
No wideband to monitor AFRs so you can see how pig rich you are.
Unknown fuel pump.....

You are going to need a bit more money put into the car.

joseh8772

figgie;1427068 said:
yikes!!

On/Off switch for low throttle positions.

Running pig rich with no lexus AFM.
No wideband to monitor AFRs so you can see how pig rich you are.
Unknown fuel pump.....

You are going to need a bit more money put into the car.

i do have a lex afm i can install.the fuel pump is a walbro 255 lph.and i do have a map ecu2 i will have install but i just trying at least drive it to the tunning shop wish is about 3 hours or 200 miles