Is it so bad?

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Hey...

As I read all these threads a lot of them wanting to upgrade the n/a up to a turbo.... I say to myself... wtf? why not just get the turbo and leave the n/a alone. :3d_frown:

Personally I dont like all the turbo add ons to the dash... too much clutter for me.

I would never consider making either of my na's into turbos. :nono:

So I am just wondering why??? Other than the need for speed...lol

Is it so bad that I love my supes the way they are... with a little add on here and there.

I love the look of the turbo... and have both my supes looking like turbos... :love: just not the actual engines... 7mgte.

JUST MY OPINION.

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
long story short, everyone loved their supra the way it was when they had it stock. Then, they got addicted to add-ons.....the end :icon_bigg

Turbos make cool noises :biglaugh:

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
I love the N/A, no doubt, but I would like to get some more "juice" out of it so to speak. You can easily put the stock parts on and have nearly 300HP with stock boost if tuned correctly.

-Matt

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Need for speed.

I went from an NA automatic.

Too slow

Swapped in a 5 speed.

Faster

Now im wanting more

Ill have it soon.

Ill probably buy a turbo supie and then rebuid my engine to put in my beater(my car I have now)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Blksupra87,

As much as I see your point and wish that others felt the way you do, I have to say eventually mine will get built as well. My car is a toy!!!! With that said toys need to be fun.....................:evil2:

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
I had originally thought about going 1jz after my n/a dies. I feel too much can go wrong unless you find the right people to do the conversion. If I really need more power in the future I might be better off selling my car for something else (Vette?). Its a hard decision and I will wait and see how things go. In the meantime I still enjoy my slow n/a auto.

corylee316

until it goes boom
Aug 17, 2006
Moscow, IA
I've got a 5spd NA and until I get all the parts and money together I will enjoy what I've got. "Slow" is good enough for me until I find out what "fast" is.

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
wingman said:
i'd like an N/A only for daily driving purposes...not for going fast and having fun.

hmmmm i will have to drive a turbo to see what everyone is talking about... so far I have been happy with my slow....supra

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
xXxICExXx said:
long story short, everyone loved their supra the way it was when they had it stock. Then, they got addicted to add-ons.....the end :icon_bigg

Turbos make cool noises :biglaugh:

I hated my car when it was stock. I think I could run faster than the damn thing:nono:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
my car already has some of the parts for a NA-T, and im contemplating throwing on the turbo stuff, going 1jz, or 1uz. actually i have no clue what im doing, but i know i dont want to stay NA for long. sure its fun to have the car kick out shifting into 2nd, but i want it to do that in 3rd(with more than 1/4 tank of gas).

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
my first car was an NA, back then i thought i was the shit and loved it to death then something sparked and i realized it was slow, i bought myself a turbo with a blown engine and started fixing and modding when i finally got it done it was about 400hp try that for a change 150hp to 400hp you get addicted and pretty soon beating corvettes isn't enough and you hope to one day meet a ferrari... lol, i keep breaking things and upgrading it is an addiction to speedeng and fast cars, point is there is no such thing as too much power, look at jay leno thats an example, he has everything but still wants more