iPhone 3.0 Software Comes out Today!

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I work for at&t and I'm excited about iphone 3.0 software that comes out today!
Features include landscape keyboard, copy/paste, forward text messaging, A2DP bluetooth (stereo bluetooth), spotlight, a couple other little things but the most important thing is picture messaging! Happy Updates!:icon_surp

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
ERA;1346058 said:
Whoa, they didnt have a landscape keyboard? hmm.

Landscape worked for internet browsing, but not for e-mail or texting [without a 3rd party app that someone made].

That was one of my only complaints about the iPhone, really.

LIGAF about a video cam or picture messaging? I have a 10 Mp digital camera at home, and if something is important or good enough that I want video, I'm going to spring for better resolution than a phone can provide.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I hate apple, but the iphone is a nice device.

It's pathetic, however, that it took apple an entire year to get VERY BASIC features on the iphone that it most certainly should have always had.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I did a backup before starting the update, but I didn't "backup" the music, as it's on my hard drive.
The update to 3.0 didn't work quite right - had to unplug, and then restore the backup. When it was restored, it was updated to 3.0.
My pictures and settings were still in place, but music wasn't.
Now I am re-syncing everything.
I forgot how long it takes to sync all of that music...

I guess I will find out how well all of this works in a little bit.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
suprarx7nut;1346140 said:
I hate apple, but the iphone is a nice device.

It's pathetic, however, that it took apple an entire year to get VERY BASIC features on the iphone that it most certainly should have always had.

More like two years dude. Their first mistake was not putting the MMS antenna in the first gen iPhones. Second was making it impossible to take the sim card out w/o a "sim eject tool" aka small paperclip.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Topher E;1346236 said:
Second was making it impossible to take the sim card out w/o a "sim eject tool" aka small paperclip.

Minor gripe.
I'll have to take my SIM out the next time I get a new phone. My last phone lasted me 2 1/2 years.
If I had to remove it everyday for some reason, I'd just tuck the little tool in my wallet.

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I feel like a big jackass because I literally work in the store and I sell iPhones everyday of my life and I did not know that the multimedia messaging would not be working until late summer. What we are doing though is setting everything up for multimedia messaging, then when it's ready iPhone customers will be ready to roll...my bad guys

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Is the new software jailbroken yet???

Stupid tmobile family plan... I am using a first gen iPhone... Basically a brick with phone abilities...