Intro- Supra Ev

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
Hey, guess I should start with my Intro, I'm a regular over on celicasupra.com but I have a lot of friends interested in MK IIIs and MK IVs so I thought I'd come take a look around and see what people have to offer, and whats good with the newer age Supras.

Anyways, I have a '84 Toyota Celica-Supra P-Type. Started a little while ago, just looking for a car, I've always been a car nut, I really wanted a R32 Skyline, but by the time it'd get to Ontario (Canada) it would be way out of my budget, so I explained this at a dinner with friends, yada yada a month later a Blue/Silver supra was rolling into my driveway. October'07 from there on I had to get it running, fuel pump, remade fuel tank, obv, plugs, wires, battery etc.

Throughout summer 08 I painted it and removed all the rust, got some strut bars from members on celicasupra.com, just did some minor tweaks....As I was coming home from working in Northern Ontario for the summer, about 45 seconds from the house I was staying on, boom! lost all power, I quickly pulled to the side of the highway, oil dumped on the road, and I had myself a blown engine, again yada yada yada, a month and a half later (october), I was 16 years old (still am), had a 84 Supra in amazing condition, and a 85 junker with a 6mge, swapped into my 84. Now I'm just finally getting it tweaked in December.

Anyways, here are some pictures, I hope to hell setting up pictures is the same as celicasupra.com

p1196224_1.jpg

p1196224_2.jpg

p1196224_3.jpg

p1196224_3.jpg

p1196224_5.jpg

p1196224_6.jpg

and the old color:
p1196224_7.jpg

p1196224_8.jpg

p1196224_9.jpg

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Welcome! looking good and you did all the work as the painting? and your 16! looks good whats your plan 7mGTE? =D

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
Uh, well I got a 6mge after I blew the 5mge, so thats an upgrade of a couple horsepower, if I do end up with a 7mgte, it will be much later. After schooling, I have a few more things to do then I have to save up for school, the whole economy in North America is on the rocks so I want to be ready to get through school alright.

I did everything for the body except the paint, tear down, rust patch, sand etc. I hate painting, I have a really unsteady hand and just don't like painting unless its a spray can.

I got a shop to do the fuel system work (I don't mess with fuel) the exhaust was mounted because I didn't have a welder and thats about it, I took out the good engine out of the 85 with friends at my school, then took out the blown one, then did the swap so I've done almost everything...

Thanks!

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
So I thought I'd reintroduce myself after a long absense... I don't know why I never came back on but oh well. Since this wonderful thread started the 6m was all fine and dandy, ended up rebuilding it for fun (now its for sale for half what I put into it) and I started a 7mgte build, nothing huge, rings, bearings, machine work, upgrade ct-26 a few other goodies. The 7m is in the engine bay with no R154 as I'm still figuring out clutch and flywheel options and I have to open up the tunnel as well as get a 1 piece driveshaft.

I'll start up a build thread somewhere.

Just a lil teaser for now
p1683526_1.jpg