Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No Thanks

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

jjh

The Chairman
Mar 30, 2005
Louisiana
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a k&n group buy on the filter kit for the supra. If theres a interest maybe we can get a group buy going. Pricing would be about 143.00 shipped. If we can get more than 10 the price will go down. Let me know if theres an interest.

modnar

If all else fails-Kick it
Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
I would be interested. It would be better for me if we waited a couple of weeks though so I can secure better funds. I just did all my christmas shopping and I have to buy a new radiator tomorrow... But keep me posted.

modnar

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
you mean this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FhKVbZwjIw2/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=224750&avf=Y

its a bit more $$ but it already exists.

its just the mounting plate onto the afm and an L bracket to hold it in place. and filter of coarse.
imga02407jk.jpg

jjh

The Chairman
Mar 30, 2005
Louisiana
that is the item Im trying to get the group buy on. I can get them for the price listed if theres an interest. I see we have 2 interested so far and it will definitly be done after Christmas.

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
jebus, what he's trying to do is get a guage of interest, because the more purchased at one time, the larger the discount, thereby saving everyone interested a little money

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
where was this a year ago?? otherwise i would have been in too.

anyway all i can say is for those of you interested its really worth the money and the placement of the filter keeps it out of the path of all the hot air coming from the fan shroud, just dont plan on routing ic piping though the snorkal hole cus that filter fills that space up pretty well.

modnar

Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
americanjebus said:
just dont plan on routing ic piping though the snorkal hole cus that filter fills that space up pretty well.

good to know thanks.

Is the proposed GB for an actual K&N FIPK, or a thrown together kit. I've seen both different options for some other cars.

modnar

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
i dont understand why stock afm/turbo guys would spend 100+ for fpik??? get 3" afm adapter and universal 3" real k&n filter for under $50. or even better of build custom cold air under headlight cost less than $70 to make with real filter and works better. also you can run ic pipes thru snorkel hole as well.

and as the poster above i have no intentions to hijack this but why in hell enyone would do it? add couple hundred more and you get 60 trim upgrade for your turbo instead.......

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
well im in need of an air filter after i took mine off yesteray. Previous owner was clearly a dumbasscause it looks like that thing was run for like freaking 7000000000000000000000000 miles. so dirty. i should have took a picutre. Oh and i cleaned up my engine bay too. soo tired but worth it, i will post pictures later. Sorry for the off topicness :D

modnar

Aug 28, 2005
NOR*CAL
So my parents gave me the K&N filter for christmas, so now i'm out. Sorry. On a side note, they got it for $135 shipped from some place called autoanything.com. You may wanna check it out if you don't get enough people to lower the price.

modnar