Intermittent stumble miss...Figured it out!

mcoe0397

Oct 28, 2009
VIRGINIA
Hey guys! Newbie from VA here! I recently came across an intermittent miss or stumble from hell on my 7mge that's been carrying on for 2 months now only seeming to get worse.

Soooo...I was told about this site from a friend here in VA that has the baddest ass supra I have ever laid my eyes on if you get a chance check it out on you tube...its Seans 750+ HP supra.

Anyway, So I bought this 91 cressida with BHG from the local community college automotive dept along with and extra engine from an 87 supra. The engine swap went smooth..well smooth after I purchased the tsrm for the car.

The car ran and drove great for about a month and I started noticing a miss, then it eventually got worse, I started with the troubleshooting in the tsrm and went through this car with a fine tooth comb...I mean I checked every sensor, every vacuum, wet and dry compression test, checked the wires and plugs....or so I thought I did....

This morning I decided I was gonna try denso plugs B/C I read somewhere on here that one of the fellas had a rough idle issue with the ngks. As I was changing the plugs out I got to plug #3 and it looked clean, just as before when I checked them, but when I removed the plug from the socket on my wrench I noticed the plug was cracked....LMAO :wtf: replaced the plug...fired it up and whatta ya know??? Damn thing runs like a brand new one!

Two months of hell with this miss and not knowing what was causing it and if only I had taken a better look at my plugs when checking them...It was a hard lesson learned but I guess at least I know now how to check every damn component on a 7mge.::hang::

I wanted to thank all members of supramania for all your help. I enjoyed all of your advice and opinions. I'm a stubborn VA bitch that refused to ask for help thinking I could always figure things out on my own....but if I hadn't joined this forum my cressida would have eventually been a pile of ashes in my back yard cause I was at the point of retaliation. So thanks again guys and gals!