intermitant (VERY Intermitant) car not starting

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
Ever Since I got my car back from having the motor rebuilt I have been having a strange problem. every once and a while like really close to every blue moon. the car wont start. now if I let the car sit for 45 mins to an hour (depending on the outside temp) it starts right up.

Symptoms
drive the car around towm or hiway on a warm day and stop some place and turn off the motor. Try to start car it backfires or appears to backfire when I let off they key / starter.
after that the car will turn over but will not start.
if I wait for the above started time and the motor has cooled off it starts just fine. the really aggravating thing is it happens so i9nfrequently. Mind you when I got the car back the folks that did the work were Ftards.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
jdub;1061497 said:
Check the wiring/connector at the CPS.

agreed. this is similiar to the problem ive had off and on with my cps. i can flick it with my fingers, hop in the car and bam it starts. rewiring it helped.

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
well as soon as it happens Ill let you know its been a couple months since it last happened. I do my best to drive and turn the car off places I know Ill be a while.