Interior rebuild: brown to black.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Hey man your interior is comming along well. But you never said what COLOR you used on the parts. I was also wondering if you scratch any of your parts after painting, Does the old color show through?

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
so far it hasnt faded at all yet.

White Zombie;1420651 said:
Hey man your interior is comming along well. But you never said what COLOR you used on the parts. I was also wondering if you scratch any of your parts after painting, Does the old color show through?

on the vinyl it doesnt scratch off at all, but on the plastic you can scratch it off. but i think it holds better than most regular paints would.

color is SATIN Black

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
How did that dye work on the carpet (besides being a big mess)? Does it seem to not rub off? Does it make it really stiff?

Rich

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Another thing you could do on the plastics (if the paint becomes a problem) is to use Krylon Plastic paint. They have it in Satin and this stuff sticks better to plastic than anything I ever have seen before.

Now all you need to do is get that steering wheel re-covered. :icon_bigg

Rich

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
supra_holic2002;1429447 said:
direct bolt up? any fitment mods needed? Definitely looking super sweeeet. that little bit of shine gives it that just got detailed by a pro finish lol

are you talking about the seats?

no they dont bolt up. you need recaro mounting brackets. i just used a grinder to take the brackets off my stock seats and drilled a hole and bolted them to my new seats and mounted them like that. i had to angle them a little to fit. but they hold well.

and yeah the rit dye was a mess and it took a ton (15 boxes). it would have been easier if i used grey carpet