Interest in Polycarbonate Rear Window?

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Hey guys. My hatch glass was destroyed a few weeks ago and I've turned myself in knots trying to find a replacement. The nearest replacement on car-part.com is something like 300 miles away. Even that's not a given, every time I've called a yard that supposedly has a window, it's either 1) recently sold or 2) MIA.

I've contacted 2 custom glass places. Both have no interest in making a glass replacement for a Toyota Supra. One offered to track one down for the low, low price of $1000.

I had a JDM hatch shipped from California, but it broke in transit.

So for me, there seems to be really one viable solution: Polycarbonate. I found a place that can form it for me. I can get anti-scratch coating, so I can keep my rear wiper. Downsides: no defrost or antenna. Upside, lower weight and it's new (as opposed to used glass).

They more I make the cheaper they are. Any body else interested in polycarbonate hatch glass?

dohc88

Nov 18, 2011
toledo ohio
I'd be interested in the cost of polycarbonate glass
But I'll be picking up another hatch with a bunch of parts,I'll take a good look at the glass if you think you would be interested in it.
I'm just down in Toledo Ohio
So we could figure out how to get it up to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
This is one of those things that I'm interested in, but realistically wouldn't have the money for (assuming I have a clue what it costs...).

What are we talking here? How much?