Intercooler question!

JZA70 QC

JZ Engine are the best!!!
Oct 6, 2005
A COLD PLACE
I was just wondering, for those of you with a custom FMIC, at what hight from the ground is your intercooler mounted?
I got a 24''x12''x4'' FMIC and my Supra is 1'' lower than stock hight.

Thanx in advance and hope to get news.
----Jeff

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i am running a 29"x12"x3", its not piped up yet, but i mounted it i dont think im gonna have alot of problems, my IC sticks out from teh bottom lip about 1", but i got a CFX lip to cover that.

~scott

JZA70 QC

JZ Engine are the best!!!
Oct 6, 2005
A COLD PLACE
My main concern is when I'll enter drive-ways or side-walk to get in a parking-lot or train track ect..... I'm scared of hiting the ground with it cause where I'm mounting it, it's about 5''-6'' from the ground and I was wondering at what hight did you guys mount yours?

Thanx again!

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
thats a judgement call, its hard to say where mine is gonna sit since my engine wont be in the car until next week, but I assume that my IC will sit around 5" off the ground, ive owned many lowered cars, you will learn to be careful, and approach everything at a 90 degree angle slowly when going over bumps.

I

itr206

Mine sits perfect. I have a 12x24x3
I mounted it so that the top of the IC is maybe 1/2 inch or so above the Bumper support top. So it is just a tad above the bottom of the bumper. Plus I have a lip that will get hit first, then the bumper, then the IC. lol

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
yea mine is ~ 1/2 and inch to 1 inch above the top of the support.. the tow hooks are lower then the ic by 1/2 an inch..

I

itr206

i dont have tow hooks anymore, but those would help to grind before the IC. lol

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
i think im gonna have to hack mine as well, where can one find those sweet red ones that everyone rocks stickin out of the front bumper?

~scott