intercooler kit ?

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
That looked super cheap.

This is what i used for my ic piping, and made my own ic mounts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7fffd23d7&rvr_id=&ua=WXF?&itemid=200305954977

Actually, i think its really nice for the price. Great fitment, and goes through the bumper not by the headlight. If you would like any pics of mine installed ill be happy to show you some.

Also, you can get that intercooler for its self for roughly 100$ on ebay. Your paying 80$ for 2 pieces of piping and some bracketry.

Adapting that intercooler piping from the stock IC to the spearco replica, it required 3 2.5" inch 90degree elbows, and 1 2.5" straight coupler, and about 1 foot of additional 2.5" piping. Like i said before, if you would like pics just let me know.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Heres one of the pics that shows most of it.

p1533913_1.jpg

Shows the aftermarket intercooler, the piping (The kit comes with blue couplers, the black ones are ones i ordered)
What i had to do to put the intercooler on w/ the piping i used was from the turbo to ic pipe, had to get a 2.5" straight coupler, cut about a 6" piece of alumized steel "Cause it was cheap" and a 2.5" 90degree coupler to the intercooler. Clamped the 6" steel pipe to where the aluminum one ended to make it long enough for the 90degree to go to the bottom of the IC.

Then for the upper to make it fit, i just got two 90degree couplers, shaved them down a littler, and put about a 3" section of 2.5" piping inbetween them to clamp them down.

Let me throw up a few more pics.

p1533913_2.jpg

p1533913_3.jpg

I can take more when i get the car finished up or get out to the shop this weekend.

Ill try and get one of the lower ic piping soon.

If you need any more info lmk.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Thanks jag.

Ill try and get better pictures for you guys this weekend. If i find anymore ill upload them, let me go see if i have anymore. I know i have some of the IC on stock piping... Ill post a few.

This might matter to some people, but this is the ic next to the stock oil cooler.
p1533957_1.jpg

Heres my "Ic bracketing" and my transcooler. I got that bracket from home depo, but cut it down. It worked and it very sturdy. Might make a lower sometime.
p1533957_2.jpg

Heres a pic with the stock intercooler, and my trans cooler before i relocated it above.
p1533957_3.jpg

Another shot of the piping from the tb onwards
p1533957_4.jpg

Yes i know my PVC hose was unplugged, thats actually why i took that pic

And heres a pic i took while i was mocking everything up
p1533957_5.jpg

Thats all i have in my photobucket for now, ill take some more this weekend for you if you still have questions. Ill try and get a pic of the lower ic piping while its till on the lift.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Thats a knock off of the spearco ss ic. I had the real one and that mounting kit looks exactly like the on I had. it was easy to mount and worked great.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Damn i was out at the shop today but forgot to get some pics of the lower. Ill try and get that for you tomorrow since ill be out there tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Was looking around and came across this, this is the EXACT website i ordered my IC kit from.

Seems like this could work good.
http://store.max-redline.com/servlet/-strse-433/Toyota-Supra-7MGTE-7M-dsh-GTE/Detail

And this is the 100% Exact kit i ordered
http://store.max-redline.com/servlet/-strse-435/Toyota-Supra-7MGTE-7M-dsh-GTE/Detail

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
i just bought the one off ebay this evening hopeing to get it by the end of the week i had a major leak at the tube coming off the turbo and it was 150 for that one tube so i said F it and bought the kit fubar sugested i will take some pics when i get it.

MK-beast

May 26, 2007
Toronto
Perfect the video that he had in there pretty much answered my question... and he has pretty much the same setup that I will be having as well.