Intake Side... Pics plz

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I just recently got my supra to my house. Pre. owner just had the headgasket done, and the head was cleaned and checked... has a hks 1.3mm hg... arp head bolts... the fun stuff....

Well the intake manifold was off, turbo was off.. because i requested in case he tried to stiff me... but anyway...

I was wonderin if anyone would take a couple pictures of under the intake manifold, where the wiring goes and the two hoses under it.

Turbo side doesn't look to hard to put together, so i'm not really worried bout that side... I just know i need a new turbo... shaft play, in and out, side to side.

I'll post pictures sometime later, just wanna get it back together and hear her start up...
Carter, J.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I put the runner on... Just need to know where everything else plugs up to and all that fun stuff...

Need's put back into time and its said to start straight up... I'm hoping that thats the case...
Also under the runner there is somethin that screws into the engine itself... he said when he replaced it... it was hand tight... but Im lost as to what it is right off top of head.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
carter;1035458 said:
I just recently got my supra to my house. Pre. owner just had the headgasket done, and the head was cleaned and checked... has a hks 1.3mm hg... arp head bolts... the fun stuff....

Well the intake manifold was off, turbo was off.. because i requested in case he tried to stiff me... but anyway...

I was wonderin if anyone would take a couple pictures of under the intake manifold, where the wiring goes and the two hoses under it.

Turbo side doesn't look to hard to put together, so i'm not really worried bout that side... I just know i need a new turbo... shaft play, in and out, side to side.

I'll post pictures sometime later, just wanna get it back together and hear her start up...
Carter, J.

Did you ask him if he had the block and deck properly milled to a suitable RA to accompany the HKS head gasket?

How come you requested for him to take the intake manifold and turbo off? Just curious...

Did he give you all of the parts that are supposed to be on top of the driver's and passenger's fenderwells? You have a bit of work ahead of you, you should cover the motor when it is open like that after you finish working.

The part he screwed in hand tight sounds like maybe a knock sensor, there are two of them.

Just my $0.02

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
yea all the parts are there.... I had him give me the turbo, 3" DP, 50mm BOV and SS turbo manifold, in case he tried to stiff me...

Everything that was takin off the car was up in zip lock bags and put in the hatch... I have everything to put it back together...

Yesterday, I put the fuel rail on, and today, i plan on hooking up everything up... and maybe put it back into timing...

There's just a couple vaccum lines that i don't know where they go, because i didn't take them off... one of them deals...

Carter, J.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
p1037889_1.jpg

May not help by much but it's the only pic I have from some what under the intake manifold ? I too am in the process of putting every thing back together after a BHG job and made sure to take a few pictures before I took the head off.

Hope this helps...

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Yea, that helps, thanx man...
Show's me where one of the grounds go and where things one thing plugs into... don't kno what it is... its the black/red piece with the cap on it.... there's two of them...

Well... The car is back in timing, fuel rails on, connected, valve covers on and re-did a couple grounds. One on the fire wall, One on the coil pack, and I see one more, its on the drive side at the bottom of the car, grounded to the transmission. All redone in 10 gauge wire and look kinda prretty... lol have found any others, be haven't really been looking...

All I need now, is a lower picture of the intake manifold, underneath the runner, so that way i can bolt everything back up to where it needs to be. Connect all the fuel lines, get new washers for the banjo bolts, connect the non connected. Hook up the top of the intake manifold and piping and put my JDM Prof BOV on:biggrinki and hope that everything is good.

Carter, J.
Anybody got any lower pictures?
thanx Clied