Intake Manifolds

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
its more of a BYO FFIM around here. a few people have tried their hands at making one, but like CRE said, you're better off stock if you're staying NA

87NAredneck

Laughing Gas Man
Dec 29, 2006
Dallas, Tx
What kind of loss are you talking about on an N/A cause I like the look of the ffim, ive gotten the block and head done and im running a 150dpn system. so i figured the ffim would help it out. correct me if im wrong.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
it could, most turbo guys use it to clean up the top of their engine, allow them to attach extra injectors or sensors and run a bigger TB. in addition to that it keeps the air cooler, and probably flows a bit better.

general consensus here is that if youve got a stock NA, there isnt much that can be done to the intake (designed by toyota engineers for countless hours) thatll improve it. we've even questioned fooling with the ACIS, but that wouldnt do much good either.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
It's not just a matter of loosing the ACIS, but also ensuring equal airflow on a low pressure intake. Depending on the design (unless you go through numerous prototypes and flow testing) you're likely to starve some cylinders while others get much more air than expected. Intakes are designed with a LOT of thought and calculation when it comes to ensuring even airflow to each cyl.

If you want to do an FFIM that badly look into an ITB setup fed from a large surge tank.... I *think* that's what's agreed to be the most effective. I'm not positive I haven't looked into it too much, but there was a thread on it on one of the Supra sites.