Intake Manifold sensor

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
There is a sensor On the middle of the Y Pipe, Does anybody know exactly what its for (A/F Ratio Im assuming) and Could somone PLZ find me a Decent pic of what yours looks like so I know what to look for cause I have lost mine... I got the actualy bung thing to plug the hole and bolt on but there is some like screw in the center and just looks like somthing should be covering it.

Ive searched all over and cant find a decent pic so if somone could find 1 thatd be great.

Thanks ~Shags

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
That is the cold start injector.

edit: here's a picture of one:
70_1.JPG

Last edited:

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
mine has all that but if you look at the very top looks like theres a bolt there mine doesnt have that I dont recall X_X!! hmmph thanks for the pic

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
If there's a bolt there and not the item that MA70Supra88 posted, the car will be hard to start when cold. Other than that, it should still run. I'd try to get that replaced as it's probably monitored by the ECU. If it's not there, the ECU will know it and could change some of the parameters of how the engine runs.

EDIT
I looked at your pic a little bit closer and that bolt you're talking about should be there in closeup of the cold start injector. It's the bolt that holds the fuel line to the injector. If it's not connected, you'll spray fuel all over the place anytime the car's running. Unless it's capped on the hose end, that is.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
The ECU does NOT control the Cold Start Injector or any of the related components. There is a cold start temp switch/timer located in a water jacket near the thermostat housing. It only gives power to the injector when you're are cranking the starter. And only for 15 seconds. And only when the outside temp is below something like 57*.

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
But, it is an injector and it does have fuel pressure behind it all the time. So if the fuel delivery hose/pipe is not connected (which is what I think ShagsSupra is saying), it will spray fuel!

Mosupra9

Jun 6, 2006
Tucson
if the coldstart injector is clogged or dirty...does this caause the car to have trouble starting it when cold??? even in arizona temps???? cuz i have that problem...its everytime the car sits for a while....but when its warm...its starts just fine.....would it harm anything or mess with any settings if i took this COLD START injector out and cleaned it up????

JAWS

Apr 12, 2006
Aurora, CO
There should be a cold start troubleshooting guide in the manual. There is a temp sensor, and a cold start timer along with the injector that needs to be tested.